Alpha 26 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

On 14/07/2022 at 8:32 AM, Stan` said:

@wowgetoffyourcellphone does the engine support tech restrictions for upgrades i remember something like that for the xiongnu

It does. :)

Example:

<Upgrade>
    <Tower>
      <Entity>structures/{civ}/defense_tower_stone</Entity>
      <Tooltip>Stone Towers have +100% health, +20% territory influence, +20% vision, +20% attack range, and additional technologies.</Tooltip>
      <RequiredTechnology>phase_town</RequiredTechnology>
      <Cost>
        <stone>100</stone>
        <wood>0</wood>
      </Cost>
      <Time>20</Time>
      <Variant>upgrading</Variant>
    </Tower>
  </Upgrade>

Does that what you mean?

As much as I like that shrub doesn't block construction any more, would it be possible to indicate the shrub being erased? For example when I want to place a storehouse as close as possible to wood but don't necessarily want to erase wood I could gather.

Maybe it could be tinted red; with the building preview being white on top I think it would be visually readable.

Spoiler

tint-Me-A-Shrubbery.jpg.3787fc48b87be74381985bff12957296.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LetswaveaBook said:

This is not true. if a champ cav archer fights 4 archers it takes less damage than the chariot in the same situation.

The chariot is a bigger unit and is easier to hit.

Why would you play chariot then ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

Maybe it could be tinted red; with the building preview being white on top I think it would be visually readable.

Yep, this would indeed be nice. Definitely a strong "want", along with Target Flash (when you right-click something it flashes white as visual feedback) and Actor Erasure (when foundation construction begins, it erases actors beneath it, such as grass).

3 hours ago, Stan&#x60; said:

Because the tooltip is generic and doesn't know about buildings or units etc.

Off-topic but I think it would be good to remove the "Trained by" & "Builds" information from the tooltip. I feel like they provide near to no value and are just visual distraction

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It does and maybe for a27 we will get some improvements there. But for this release this was the lesser evil and quick to do without the risk of introducing last minute bugs.

edit: and yes it's worst for the Han, most other civs are ok with this change from my tests.

• Like 1

• maroder unpinned this topic
  • Stan` unfeatured this topic