Alpha 26 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

47 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Don't think there are icons for hunt.

@wowgetoffyourcellphone, @vladislavbelov

Thoughts. Default icon size can be made smaller or we can disable stone and iron again.

Currently user can disable icons via options, via config user can override icon sizes and transparency. Though it’s not possible to distinguish different icon types.

We might have too many icons, that’s the problem. So the question isn’t easy.

When I start 0ad (./pyrogenesis -writableRoot) this happens about 20 or 30% of the time for me, kind of random, I'm not sure how to reproduce it yet. This screenshot doesn't show exactly what I see, but the top 10% of my screen is blank. To get the "ok" button to highlight, the mouse pointer has to actually be hovering *above* where the "show this message in the future" text is displays. Then I can click and it will act as if I clicked on "ok" even the mouse pointer isn't on the ok button.

Pressing alt+enter twice corrects the screen. I'm also attaching system_info.txt

screenshot0025.thumb.png.67a7bcbfd40cda4b6150e6ff46c88977.png

system_info.txt

Is it supposed to be, that the Techs of the Macedonian Storage house have no more research duration, resp. 0 seconds? The CivTree states they still have duration, practically I can research those four techs within seconds.

See screenshots below:

screenshot0005.png

screenshot0006.png

2 hours ago, Obelix said:

Is it supposed to be, that the Techs of the Macedonian Storage house have no more research duration, resp. 0 seconds? The CivTree states they still have duration, practically I can research those four techs within seconds.

See screenshots below:

screenshot0005.png

screenshot0006.png

@Langbart Looks legit didn't we fix something similar?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andy5995 said:

Happened after I made some changes to a random map and restarted 0ad.

image.thumb.png.008b2d5ad84ce2ed4030cc40a6adba85.png

Can you take an ingame screenshot F2 when that happens?

3 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

Icons for animals? I believe up to a26RC1 the chickens were indicated, in the screenshot they're not.

Not by icons but by little squares right?

Can you disable icons and see if they appear ?

14 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Not by icons but by little squares right?

Yes, it was squares and not icons.

15 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Can you disable icons and see if they appear ?

Yes. Toggling icons makes the chicken squares appear/disappear. Guess they were just covered by the icons.

Maybe I'll mess with icons.sizescale a bit.

• Like 1

Had sth. similar when plugging in the 2nd screen. The smaller notebook screen size was taken over to the second one, so that there was a black area to the right as well. Minimizing and maximizing didn't help. Needed to restart the programme. Cannot retry currently.

• Thanks 2

On 30/06/2022 at 8:42 PM, maroder said:

Last thing open for the Han is the roster restructure: https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4713

would be nice if some more people would look at/ accept it. I also read the maybe the minister should only cost 1 pop instead of two (not sure how many people feel that way).

And then there is @borg-'s Persia overhaul: https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4724

which should also be accepted/ checked by much more people before including it right before string freeze.

Spear CAV so far can't be trained in P1 neither from CC nor from stable, would be interesting to have it!

I like all suggestions except the switch from speer to archer! It might be OP because u can play hit and run with the archers even better and when the enemy gets too close u can switch to speer... might be a horrible balance, especially great players can do a lot with micro in this way...

4 hours ago, Gurken Khan said:

It might have nothing to do with your problem, but I see that you're not on RC2. If you updated we could at least be sure it's related to the latest version.

Thanks for the suggestion. I've rebuilt from git commit 8e0fc8a (Jul 9, 2022) and the problem still exists.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, andy5995 said:

Thanks for the suggestion. I've rebuilt from git commit 8e0fc8a (Jul 9, 2022) and the problem still exists.

If the screenshot is fine it might be an issue with gnome or whatever desktop env you are using.

2 hours ago, Stan` said:

If the screenshot is fine it might be an issue with gnome or whatever desktop env you are using.

@Stan`The in-game screenshots captured with F2 are normally 1920x1080 but when I capture them when the screen is distorted as shown are 1920x970.

I'm using xfce4 on Manjaro 21.3.1, btw.

@Obelixwhat desktop environment were you using?

Edited by andy5995

13 hours ago, Obelix said:

See screenshots below:

screenshot0005.png

screenshot0006.png

Good catch. The reason is that technologies are (still) in JSON and not retrieved the same manner as e.g. units. In the structure tree the default values are used, whereas in the selection panel there is a call to the simulation what the technology _actually_ costs (including any modifications).

Unfortunately I don't have a quick solution. (Only a long-term one.)

• Thanks 2

5 hours ago, andy5995 said:

@Stan`The in-game screenshots captured with F2 are normally 1920x1080 but when I capture them when the screen is distorted as shown are 1920x970.

I'm using xfce4 on Manjaro 21.3.1, btw.

@Obelixwhat desktop environment were you using?

That means the game is sending the correct image but XFCE is doing something weird

1 hour ago, Freagarach said:

Unfortunately I don't have a quick solution. (Only a long-term one.)

Langbart provided 2?

I thought I saw something being done about the worker's elephant problem to enter the CC from the corner; unfortunately it's still an issue.

savegame-0987.0adsave

I had that issue before the save and on reloading it persisted.

Also I have the feeling that since RC1 garrisoning/ungarrisoning sometimes messes with the units' stances. I noticed it then with Ministers and the ministry, and earlier in my current game the ele came out of the temple being aggressive (which doesn't make sense, I believe I had it on standground); haven't been able to reproduce, I'll see if I can catch it again.

Edit: The worker ele lacks an acknowledging sound when ordered to build; if I have it selected together with inf they also won't make a sound when being ordered to build.

Edited by Gurken Khan

OK, I don't wanna edit the above post to death.

Let me start this post off by saying that I generally enjoy the a26 version! One of the things I noticed was the unit icons; did they all get an overhaul? Anyway, I think they look really nice. Thanks to everyone working on this version, and specifically to the person(s) doing those icons.

On to the next "complaint":

0ad-nocutesies.jpg.f77c156842d3d09bae6e87d5e2465ab0.jpg

Y no flag? @Langbart

• maroder unpinned this topic
  • Stan` unfeatured this topic