Alpha 26 Pre-release/Release Candidate Build Testing

0ad-smallseleucids.jpg.92c4f743ae57faacdfdd3a5607254508.jpg

That's too little history for my liking.

Maybe short-term we could use something along these lines:

The Macedonian-Greek dynasty that ruled most of Alexander's former empire. Founded by General Seleucus I Nicator in 312 BCE, it covered at its height Anatolia, Persia, the Levant and what are now modern day Iraq, Kuwait, Afghanistan and parts of Turkmenistan. The empire's decline was ended when General Pompey turned it into a Roman colony in 63 BCE.

Unless our @historians come up with sth better, ofc.

Long-term maybe we could have a third page beside the structure tree and the civ overview with an extended history. Probably should at least cover beginning, end, largest extend and something about the heroes we have in the game.

• Like 1

What do you call that sound to signify freshly produced units come out of their building? Anyway, whenever multiple buildings release units that sound is always horrendously distorted, echo-y for me.

savegame-0911.0adsave

Two seconds into the attached save horses will spawn from the stables (ctrl group 0); I only remember that effect from stables, but they're the only kind I really do mass production in, so I don't know about other buildings.

Would like to know if anyone can reproduce. Maybe that's just what happens when the same sound is played multiple times at once, or at least with my setup. Don't think it has anything to do with playing on turtle speed, everything else sounds fine.

5 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Would like to know if anyone can reproduce. Maybe that's just what happens when the same sound is played multiple times at once, or at least with my setup. Don't think it has anything to do with playing on turtle speed, everything else sounds fine.

Yeah that's to be expected the game doesn't support priority or not max amount. It's the reason we don't have walking sounds. The feature is there but it's terrible with 200 units.

In this version it happened to me several times that a scout gets stuck on map borders; I guess I have set way points outside of the reachable area, but IIRC in earlier versions the scout would go as far as possible and then move on to the next way point. It even cost me a unit because it happened in enemy territory...

If again IIRC it was the same behavior with way points in the water - move as far towards the way point and then move on. I see if I can test how it works in this version.

On 24/06/2022 at 5:41 AM, real_tabasco_sauce said:

it could be worse

Yeah, but that's probably not what we should aim for anyway, and it can't really get much worse than a totally undecipherable number.

Anyway. So my (treacherous) ally is starting an attack:

0ad-attackonred1.thumb.jpg.9f73a640467ee95bb0b074e21d447881.jpg

But after he requested an attack on that enemy, I made a gate for him:

0ad-attackonred2.jpg.2535ad6704f4689f4d185ee98e626835.jpg

Obviously that would be the better route. I guess once the AI decides on an attack the route is determined, but since there can be a considerable delay between the decision, the gathering of troops and the actual marching off, maybe that route could be reconsidered?

14 hours ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

haha I meant it could be all 4 sides clipped. That would in fact be worse XD.

On 23/06/2022 at 5:45 PM, Gurken Khan said:

0ad-tripplecut.png.91d03e995e94d0f79cd608714dc24f80.png

LOL. Number's cut on three sides. Yeah, thx stats, real meaningful insight there.

Would displaying something like 32k be acceptable? (idea by @maroder)

41 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Would displaying something like 32k be acceptable? (idea by @maroder)

Sure, better than the current mess. So it's possible to round to k, but not to a natural number or to limit the digits after the point?

@Stan` You said diacritics are a part of the natural spelling, yet they don't appear in the summary?

25 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Sure, better than the current mess. So it's possible to round to k, but not to a natural number or to limit the digits after the point?

Well you'd still have issues with big numbers even with rounding I suppose. You can also do the rounding.

25 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

@Stan` You said diacritics are a part of the natural spelling, yet they don't appear in the summary?

What do you mean? If they don't appear it means they are missing somewhere.

9 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Well you'd still have issues with big numbers even with rounding I suppose. You can also do the rounding.

How can I do the rounding?

9 minutes ago, Stan` said:

What do you mean?

With "diacritics don't appear in the summary" I mean that there are no diacritics in the summary. Nor in the diplomacy window. Just look at Marcus:

0ad-summod.jpg.82f5b51047a1792582900a741e20a729.jpg

0ad-diplod.jpg.76d28b46f15a6f812e094e6c255baad4.jpg 

Just noticed the "Theirs" in the diplomacy screen. Does that make any sense?

2 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

How can I do the rounding?

I am sorry. I meant it can be done. One has to edit binaries/data/mods/public/gui/summary/summary.js and binaries/data/mods/public/gui/summary/counters.js, to figure out what is not rounded. (e.g. percent and ratios seems to be)

8 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

With "diacritics don't appear in the summary" I mean that there are no diacritics in the summary. Nor in the diplomacy window. Just look at Marcus:

Seems like nobody updated binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/data/civs/rome.json

7 minutes ago, Gurken Khan said:

Just noticed the "Theirs" in the diplomacy screen. Does that make any sense?

Well it's their attitude toward you. So effectively "theirs". Not sure what would be more appropriate.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Seems like nobody updated binaries/data/mods/public/simulation/data/civs/rome.json

I don't think any civ's names have their thingies in those screens. Take "Liu" for example. I just started a game with all the civs that have diacritics in the Structure Tree, none showed them in summary or diplomacy. Antiochus and Kurush had alternative spellings.

33 minutes ago, Stan` said:

Well it's their attitude toward you. So effectively "theirs". Not sure what would be more appropriate.

I think "attitude" would be more appropriate, or "relation"; or maybe "stance", that would fit in that space, but we use that word somewhere else.

Edited by Gurken Khan
typo

@borg- @real_tabasco_sauce @maroder @chrstgtr  @ValihrAnt @Feldfeld @Stockfish @wowgetoffyourcellphone Now that the last release blocker is fixed I'm gonna soon make a second release candidate. That will also be the beginning of string freeze meaning no new auras or techs, or units can be added so that translators can finish.

So I'd like to have list of remaining patches you want to merge for A26, and I'd like everyone to comment on them if possible.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Last thing open for the Han is the roster restructure: https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4713

would be nice if some more people would look at/ accept it. I also read the maybe the minister should only cost 1 pop instead of two (not sure how many people feel that way).

And then there is @borg-'s Persia overhaul: https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4724

which should also be accepted/ checked by much more people before including it right before string freeze.

• Like 3

• maroder unpinned this topic
  • Stan` unfeatured this topic