Terra Magna Reborn

Lopess

I see that for a long time one of the most interesting mods that exists in 0ad was left aside in favor of creating civilizations in individual and separate mods, or being added in mods that in addition to civ changes 0ad mechanics, something that I personally like much more I understand the side of those who prefer a gameplay closer to Vanilla. I see that the new release will be soon and I intend to send the works created by me and @Duileoga with the Mayas in addition to the work done with the Japanese Yayoi and seeing that I wonder why not add the Xiongnu and Zapotecs as well. I believe that in a mod it would only create more vitality and interest for this (we have the Thebans and Scythian created by WOW could be an idea too). I would like to know if this idea is supported before anything else, knowing that a lot can be developed and improved with time but all mentioned are playable and of the same required time range.

Edited by Lopess
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lopess said:

I see that for a long time one of the most interesting mods that exists in 0ad was left aside in favor of creating civilizations in individual and separate mods, or being added in mods that in addition to civ changes 0ad mechanics, something that I personally like much more I understand the side of those who prefer a gameplay closer to Vanilla. I see that the new release will be soon and I intend to send the works created by me and @Duileoga with the Mayas in addition to the work done with the Japanese Yayoi and seeing that I wonder why not add the Xiongnu and Zapotecs as well. I believe that in a mod it would only create more vitality and interest for this (we have the Thebans and Scythian created by WOW could be an idea too). I would like to know if this idea is supported before anything else, knowing that a lot can be developed and improved with time but all mentioned are playable and of the same required time range.

tenia esa idea de traer las civs de wow's a terra magna.

• Thanks 2

First I will "fix" the Zapotecs and Xiongnu in the Terra Magna repository using preferably their mods with unitary civs, after that I will add the other civs.

Anyone who has time and wants to help, even playing games and checking technologies and bonuses, I'm terrible at it.

Duileoga and I are creating a new line of tecs for the Mayans and a lot can be used with the Zapotecs. Much of the delay will be mine in finding the time to apply them.

• Like 4

There are already Zapotecs factions in the precolonial mod. I think we can focus on some factions that have not been fully constructed. For example, it takes a lot of energy to design Scythia and Xiongnu. If you can borrow this The opportunity to build a mature mode for the nomadic gameplay is also beneficial to the subsequent mods to design other nomadic factions, such as Avars, Khazars, Mazars, Turks, and Mongolia.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lopess said:

Duileoga and I are creating a new line of tecs for the Mayans and a lot can be used with the Zapotecs. Much of the delay will be mine in finding the time to apply them.

Mesoamerican techs.

5 minutes ago, AIEND said:

Khazars

They won't let you create this.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AIEND said:

There are already Zapotecs factions in the precolonial mod. I think we can focus on some factions that have not been fully constructed

Nope.

A lot of code is still required for these factions.

Pre colonial mod is only pre Colombian civs.

Mesoamerican is highly required by fans.

19 minutes ago, AIEND said:

There are already Zapotecs factions in the precolonial mod. I think we can focus on some factions that have not been fully constructed. For example, it takes a lot of energy to design Scythia and Xiongnu. If you can borrow this The opportunity to build a mature mode for the nomadic gameplay is also beneficial to the subsequent mods to design other nomadic factions, such as Avars, Khazars, Mazars, Turks, and Mongolia.

The mod is open I think other colleagues can help with this, I'm much closer to the Mesoamerican civs than the Asian nomads, one doesn't prevent the other from existing, but I have to keep realistic goals with my available time.
The nomadic structures tend to be simpler and more reusable, if you create a thematic texture and some unique structures the rest will be different units and technologies, something interesting for those who have little experience with mods.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

没有。

这些派系仍然需要大量代码。

前殖民模式只是前哥伦比亚文明。

球迷对中美洲人的要求很高。

If the ancient Mesoamerican factions didn't have a mature model, this was also an opportunity to perfect them.

5 分钟前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

欧洲反犹主义。 有人指责犹太人是可萨人。

It turns out that we Chinese are more worried about the influence of Great Turkism when dealing with such historical issues, but rarely consider religion, because we treat Christianity, Islam, Judaism and Manichaeism equally.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, AIEND said:

If the ancient Mesoamerican factions didn't have a mature model, this was also an opportunity to perfect them.

It turns out that we Chinese are more worried about the influence of Great Turkism when dealing with such historical issues, but rarely consider religion, because we treat Christianity, Islam, Judaism and Manichaeism equally.

europeans historically hate turkic peoples and jews. they have made exterminations(genocide) even early as  the middle ages.

the topic about the Khazarians is closed if you check it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Lopess said:

The mod is open I think other colleagues can help with this, I'm much closer to the Mesoamerican civs than the Asian nomads, one doesn't prevent the other from existing, but I have to keep realistic goals with my available time.
The nomadic structures tend to be simpler and more reusable, if you create a thematic texture and some unique structures the rest will be different units and technologies, something interesting for those who have little experience with mods.

Buenos días o tardes;

-¿Entonces , en la revitalización de Terra Magna ,habrá culturas de todas partes y con diferentes mecánicas o especialidades únicas de juego?

Disculpen las molestias*

I updated the current civs and random maps present in the mod, then I will look closely at bugs that may have gone unnoticed and after that I will start adding more civ, I believe I will start with the Thebans because they are easy to adapt and finish.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/06/2022 at 3:57 AM, Lion.Kanzen said:

European antisemitism. There are people who accuse the Jews of being Khazars.

From my understanding there are Jewish people who actually take both sides of the debate so I don't actually see how it is necessarily antisemitic to take any particular position. Apparently the Jewish scholar Arthur Koestler argued for khazars being Jewish because he wanted to actually dismantle antisemitic attitudes which drew a continuity between Biblical Hebrews and the modern Jews.

Edited by myou5e
Nuance
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, myou5e said:

From my understanding there are Jewish people who actually take both sides of the debate so I don't actually see how it is necessarily antisemitic to take any particular position. Apparently the Jewish scholar Arthur Koestler argued for khazars being Jewish because he wanted to actually dismantle antisemitic attitudes which drew a continuity between Biblical Hebrews and the modern Jews.

yes, but better before they mentioned that topic the post was closed.

Just now, Trinketos said:

¿Enserio? vrg y yo perdiendo el tiempo haciendo mods para otros juegos xd.

Que tiene de malo?.

Aquí has visto cuando vienen a pedir más facciones.

Lo más pedido son.

Chinos.

Aztecas.

Incas.

Mayas.

Japoneses.

Asirios/Babylonios.

Reinos de Israel.

Partos.

Egipcios dinasticos.

Alguna tribu Iberá.

Alguna facción Árabe.