What Do You Like The Most?

ZeZar

• 1 month later...

Gold screw is fun! Especially when you're the one screwed.

Why?

Because then you can focus on micro raids and over with a forward base (Micro > Macro!)

All Gold Screw does is move the battlefield closer to your enemy's base. That's better for you... if you micro well.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm fond of half land, half water maps, sometimes even island ones since the other player usually isn't up to building a water base. But my very favourite map in any RTS was Alfheim in AOM. I loved all the mountains and choke points. I hope there are a few mountainous maps planned for 0 AD. :blush:

• 4 weeks later...

We have quite a few Greek maps planned - all mountainous, some with lots of islands. I think you'll be pleased. We are doing our best to make each map look authentic to the biome or area of the world they represent. We've poored over hundreds of images of Greece, Italy, and all over the Mediterannean in an attempt to replicate these areas accurately. :D Sometime towards release I might do a few showcases of different kinds of maps. :)

I don't like maps with resource screws, eg, Argh!!! The enemy has 5 gold piles in his town and I only have 1!!!! Of course, you could have like 5 gold piles and the enemy could only have 1... Then gold screws are good...

This assumes gold is placed 100% randomly. In most RMSs, things are set so each player only has 1 gold mine within 200 metres of his base.