do beginner's don't plan farms at gray ground?

seeh

for me that makes a bit sense too now. at first i didn't understand it.
Actually, I think that's could eventually logical. Maybe lets make the ground around the center brown or green, at least not gray. not very important. i i was only wondering

image.png.6a098904bbac168a503bf9ac4dfa1795.png

Edited by seeh

• seeh changed the title to do beginner's don't plan farms at gray ground?

Hello seeh

I understand we're seeing an image of a nearly defeated player, claimed to be a beginner. The player might have placed fields (you're calling them farms) more afar from the CC than usual. Probably the person doesn't even know the funtion of farmsteadts and might not understand the importance of short distances between field and "drop-off-site" (sorry, dunno whats the correct term).

We can speculate, if people think, different undergrounds lead to different results, but I guess we need to ask them directly. Based on a missing interrogation, it would be too much effort to change all the maps or write manual chapters on how it doesn't affect farming.

If I meet players online, acting like described, I will try to ask them to bring some light in this topic.

Best wishes
Obelix

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, LienRag said:

Actually there are a lots of maps with different-colored grounds, especially ones which look like they've been "pre-tilled". I always wondered if those have a different fertility than others ? Especially the ones that look like chernozem ?

its from kateGui. then all maps looks different.

7 hours ago, LienRag said:

Actually there are a lots of maps with different-colored grounds, especially ones which look like they've been "pre-tilled". I always wondered if those have a different fertility than others ? Especially the ones that look like chernozem ?

fertility isn't implemented (yet?), Delenda Est mod partially emulates it with aurae for farmland

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...