Who will you play first

Paal_101

Which civ in 0 AD will you play first?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Which civ in 0 AD will you play first?

• Carthaginians
    • Celts
    • Hellenes
    • Iberians
    • Persians
    • Romans

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please calm down Alex, I think it's obvious from the situation that it's in the game world, and to my knowledge you are not in the game world, right :banana:

On the other hand, and this goes for everyone, please remember that we're on the internet and that it's harder than in real life to "read between the lines" and understand what someone really means, so be more clear about what you mean than if you'd be discussing with your friends at home or so. Another thing to remember is that there are people on these forums to whom English is not the first language, which is another reason to be clear about what you mean :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think the coolest part of the Celts will be their Britons branch sub-faction. The Chariots will be very cool to use (high trample damage), but will be a challenge to use effectively (we all love a challenge, don't we?). They also get a two-handed long-swordsman! This dude will slice and dice his way through ranks of Romans. Unfortunately he'll be murdered by ranged units, so you have to use him tactically. Very cool. Plus, I like their Brythonic Broch fortress. It just looks cool, plus ranged units perched atop it's ramparts will have a good attack bonus and very long line of sight! :)

• 7 months later...

Romans are the more interesting culture to play in 0 AD by far

Yeah but when this game does come out I'd wager that the vast majority of players will be using Roman or Greek. I try to run against the norms unless a civ is overpowered like the Assyrians in AoE. It's also fun to find a counter and just use it on people who stick to 1 civ.

Me?? the persians, i was never much of a fan of them, but with your grafic appeal and there great variety of units, they should be a fun gameplay experience, then greeks and then Celts, Romans and finally iberians, i doubt i will use carthaganians.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Romans so i can conquer some Uncivilised butt! For the senate and the roman people! For rome, for greatness and power, and mainly 'cos i can name myself one of the seriously epic yet seriously undermined goodguys, such as the iron pillar (look him up, his time periods quite interesting ;))

Edited by AuroN2

Contradicting to what i said, have been playing as carthage on rtw, the roman campaign got boring (finished all 3 :)) andgot control of sicily and now expaning into egypt (woo) and im practically always given the 'richest faction' notification ;)

i think when i get home (at school) im going to take over rome itself, kekekekekeke, though all their units are veteran i think i can do it if i have 4 whole armies and i command the attack personally, or i could try seleucids, always been thinking of the epic combination of elephants and phalanxes... actually i think i'll take that, more tasty compared to carthage :)

SO Ill probably go hellenes or carthage first, ;)

Edited by AuroN2