Who will you play first

Paal_101

Which civ in 0 AD will you play first?  

165 members have voted

1. 1. Which civ in 0 AD will you play first?

• Carthaginians
    • Celts
    • Hellenes
    • Iberians
    • Persians
    • Romans

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Persians should be a good civilisation to play. We haven't tweaked gameplay yet, but I suspect they'll be a good boomer civ. They have a good array of units, heavily cavalry and archery based, so they should be good for offensive raiding and long-range defense. Round that out with good Super Units, low standard unit cost, and strong buildings, they'll be a formidable civilisation in the world of 0 A.D. :blush:

I while back I voted here, although I'm not entirely sure who for (may have been carthaginians).

Right now I really want to play the Iberians. I can pretty much imagine what the other civs will play like, but I just can't get my head arond the Iberians. I mean so for it looks like they'll be some kind of cross between turtlers and rushers.

(4. Ptolemaic Egyptians)

Pharaonic Egyptians > Ptolemaic Egytians. The Ptolemaic dynasty was in power after pretty much everyone who could had wiped the floor with the Egyptians (with the exception of the Romans who would shortly invade and turn the area itno their breadbasket).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Not necessarily, you've got an odd 160 years of Pharaonic Egypt in the timeline, even if it wasn't necessarily at it's peak. In any case, the Ptolemaics wouldn't play much differently from Hellenistic period Hellenes, and wouldn't be a particularly worthwhile addition to the game, but the Egyptians would be awesome for a bronze age era game.

Aren't the Egyptians in like every other ancient RTS anyway? ;)