Looking Great!

Ben

Hey guys,

The game's looking absolutely fabulous. The screenshots just keep getting better and better, and I can only assume that with such talented people behind the wheel that the gameplay's been following the same course.

Seriously, you guys don't get enough credit B)

What major hurdles are left anyways? I've kind of lost track ever since I lost lurking access to the technical areas several months ago ;(

Cheers,

Ben

Hey Ben, "Mr. Particle Engine"!

Nice to see you stopping by. Well, as Jason said, we've been making quite some progress during the last months, but, being self-critical, it could have been better. At least on the GUI front, there have not been many great achievements through the past months, at least from my perspective. The multiplayer GUI is in the works, though, and should finally work soon B) But the GUI will not be visible on screenshots for a long time, so that's probably nothing interesting anyway...

The major hurdles right now seem to be - to me at least - gameplay issues, like fundamental aspects of unit-world and unit-unit interaction, some world issues (like water), AI fundamentals (pathfinding, computer AI) and some graphics engine features. Of course, there's more work to be done (GUI, network synchronization etc.), but that's not critical right now :P

I just have one word for the screenshots- WOW (they remind me of Nemises of the Roman Empire)!

For a freeware game where the developers work for nothing, I am amazed at the amount of effort that has gone into 0ad, and the truly astounding work that has been done. I would have expected something half as good as this from a proffesional studio. I cant wait for the beta to come out!