Join war elephants and chariots that are not champions.

AIEND

The champion should be a soldier who is stronger than the citizen soldier. The types of soldiers can be overlapped. I still remember that in A23, Persia had a citizen soldier chariot. So far, Magadha also has an elephant archer as a citizen soldier.
The problem is, but these factions cannot have both citizen soldier war elephants/chariots and champion war elephants/chariots, they can only choose one of the two.
This is different from the fact that most factions have citizen infantry/cavalry, but also champion infantry/cavalry.
A25 restricts chariots/chariots to P3 as champions, which will only be a weakening for those countries that are historically famous for these arms, because war elephants/chariots will be included in their tactical system from the beginning and cannot be used in P2's use of war elephants/chariots is just disguised to strengthen those countries that have an advantage in infantry/cavalry (usually these countries also don't have war elephants/chariots), which is unfair.
Therefore, war elephants/chariots should be "disenchanted" conceptually. Maybe some of us think that chariots/war elephants are "powerful and special decisive weapons", but in fact for many civilizations, this is only the most common troops.
Elephants/chariots existed in the same era as infantry/cavalry, and not only in decisive battles, but also in skirmishes.
Because of this, the South Asian/Southeast Asian countries in Age of Empires 2 can generally train war elephants in the stables in T2, and we should do the same, put war elephants/chariots in P2 as citizen soldiers.
War elephants/chariots exist as both citizen soldiers and champions at the same time only if the faction has stronger war elephants/chariots, for example Magadha has normal war elephants and armored war elephants, Persia has normal war chariots and heavy ones Scythe Chariot. At this time, the relationship between ordinary war elephants/chariots and champion war elephants/chariots is the same as the relationship between ordinary cavalry and cataphract.
And when we put the war elephant/chariot to P2, we can also put the hero to P2 incidentally, without worrying about the hero war elephant/chariot appearing earlier than the champion war elephant/chariot, making the hero earlier of functioning.
Further, the battlefield positioning of war elephants/chariots should also be adjusted. For example, war elephants should not have crush attacks, but are good at attacking melee infantry/cavalry, and are easily counterattacked by ranged infantry/cavalry.
Chariots can shoot arrows or throw javelins while running, and can use scythes to kill infantry and cavalry, etc.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, AIEND said:

Further, the battlefield positioning of war elephants/chariots should also be adjusted. For example, war elephants should not have crush attacks, but are good at attacking melee infantry/cavalry, and are easily counterattacked by ranged infantry/cavalry.

that is possible if it is combined with the rework of the rams.

3 小时前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

如果它与公羊的返工相结合,这是可能的。

The game has now added battering rams to all factions, and it is not difficult to make rams and war elephants appear in P2 and have a good division of labor.

1 hour ago, AIEND said:

The game has now added battering rams to all factions, and it is not difficult to make rams and war elephants appear in P2 and have a good division of labor.

even so you have to design the ram levels. that would make them less efective to effective after upgrades.

5 小时前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

即便如此,您也必须设计 ram 级别。 这将使它们在升级后变得不那么有效。

How do you think the ram should be upgraded? Research technology like the Age of Empires, or gain combat experience like a citizen soldier?

22 小时前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

升级 

This is what I did, first weaken the battering ram, and then strengthen it with technical upgrades in P3.

1094419616_.png.f8ffb4e6400d0295e6ec69c79eb38f8e.png2034130748_.png.79a290e033563672d642dfa03d7c3a5e.png976535366_.png.3c9942e91231670ea4be9db2e8792eb2.png
At the same time, I also enhanced the city walls (which can be built on neutral land), towers and forts, and in P3, I also have technical upgrades to strengthen the forts to offset the strengthening of the battering rams.

983877205_.png.dbd0ab2d5b45cc478b03a1bebbcbe3a9.png1941741379_.png.16351118660860f3d06cdf2e7a9091f3.png513190630_.png.fe9b260f6b09120a4f6319d884185b2f.png

34 minutes ago, AIEND said:

This is what I did, first weaken the battering ram, and then strengthen it with technical upgrades in P3.

1094419616_.png.f8ffb4e6400d0295e6ec69c79eb38f8e.png2034130748_.png.79a290e033563672d642dfa03d7c3a5e.png976535366_.png.3c9942e91231670ea4be9db2e8792eb2.png
At the same time, I also enhanced the city walls (which can be built on neutral land), towers and forts, and in P3, I also have technical upgrades to strengthen the forts to offset the strengthening of the battering rams.

983877205_.png.dbd0ab2d5b45cc478b03a1bebbcbe3a9.png1941741379_.png.16351118660860f3d06cdf2e7a9091f3.png513190630_.png.fe9b260f6b09120a4f6319d884185b2f.png

It would not only be a single entity, it would be 3 rams. as if they were 3 ranks.

Basic

Advanced (Capped)

Elite (Heavy)

1 小时前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

它不仅是一个实体,而且是 3 个公羊。 好像他们是3个等级。

基本的

高级(上限)

精英(重型)

I don't think it's necessary to make three very different battering ram models, because these weapons all have a basic size specification, and if the size gets bigger with each upgrade, it's easy to get stuck in various terrains.
Although it can be solved by reducing the size of the most basic battering ram, such as no roof and only a few people carrying a log, I do not recommend that.
The battering ram only needs two levels, one is the basic type and the other is the enhanced type. The difference in the shape of the latter can be that the roof is covered with more rawhide/copper skin, and a stronger ram.

于 2022 年 5 月 21 日凌晨 3:02,Lion.Kanzen 说道:

我喜欢两种选择。

I think this is hardly an option, if there is no roof, then the battering ram is hard to resist arrows, so that it can't destroy those buildings that are self-defense, and if you are going to attack those unarmed buildings, you No need for a battering ram.
Another design in Age of Empires 3 is more reasonable, with two soldiers carrying a huge shield close to shooting arrows, positioned similar to a lightweight siege tower.

9 hours ago, AIEND said:

Another design in Age of Empires 3 is more reasonable, with two soldiers carrying a huge shield close to shooting arrows, positioned similar to a lightweight siege tower.

Yes, it is that the first level would have minimal resistance.Or very basic...

But from the capped version it would be a normal battering ram.

It could also be 2 units.(Entities) I mean, one independent of the other, but recruitable.

It would be similar to upgrading the small tower from phase one called Sentry with the normal tower from phase 2.

one precedes the other. but it doesn't depend.

1 小时前,Lion.Kanzen 说:

是的,第一级阻力最小。或者非常基本......

但从封顶版本来看,这将是一个普通的攻城锤。

它也可以是 2 个单位。(实体)我的意思是,一个独立于另一个,但可以招募。

这类似于将第一阶段称为哨兵的小塔升级为第二阶段的普通塔。

一个先于另一个。 但这并不取决于。

Considering that this battering ram is essentially a log with a handle, it can be made by soldiers on the spot, it only needs 100 wood, and does not need any population, and then four soldiers must be stationed before it can be used. Discard directly.
Discarded logs can also be picked up and used by enemies.