PM errors

Wijitmaker

Unfortunately (and I know this isn't the desired answer, but...) the error seems to be a result of an incompatibility with the PHP 5 upgrade. I told Tim many times (*wink, nudge*) about the possible negative impacts and incompatibilities of upgrading to the PHP 5 module, i.e. It is NOT 100% reverse compatible. However, and luckily enough up to this point, there have been little or no negative effects with the migration from 4.3.11 to 5.0.3. This is one of those things that unfortunately we'll have to refer to IPB directly regarding this issue (I would suggest their support forums first, then support directly) just to get a grasp on what could be causing this.

It might also be a previous mod installation affecting the output as well. Whatever it is... memory exhaustion shouldn't be happening, so we need to evaluate the way the coding is being parsed. In all honesty, 8 MB (which is the amount the error is reporting) should be *more* than enough to send a simple private message, which is defined right now in the php.ini. I am very reluctant to increase this setting until we can at least identify the root of the problem. Basically, it's really something out of my control at this point to answer (so suggestions are welcome)...

Unfortunately, life has preoccupied my availability to diagnose things like this that aren't directly server performance or security related. I have been working 50 hours a week, among other things. I will, however, try my best to take a deeper look in the future if it is not solved soon. Thanks.

Hmm, not sure if this is the right topic, but I've been experiencing problems with changing my signature, too - it simply doesn't seem to work any more... there's nothing about memory exhaustion, though, so it's probably not related to this problem at all. It seems more like a JS problem to me.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm... interesting.

This problem seems to be resolved for both Jason and I. Is there anyone else out there that can confirm these errors are still occuring? I'm curious now if it is specifically with your account Tim, with maybe having something to do with your membergroup status or a particular mod, I'm not too sure.

Maybe a deletion of your PM's will help, or rehashing your account if all else fails. I don't want to ask you to do anything too drastic here, but your httpd error_logs aren't even showing hints of the errors anymore since the previous ones were resolved.

Let's hear some feedback from others if we can :) Thanks everyone!