ResetQueue mod - a hotkey for clearing production queues of selected buildings

Mentula

Hello 0 A.D. friends!

Many times I find myself in the situation of having many units under production from several buildings and I want to clear ALL the production queues simultaneously. This can happen for many reasons: maybe I want to get back some resources that had been allocated to units production; or maybe I suddenly need to change type of units being produced if I see that the game steers from the direction I expect.

As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), there is no explicit hotkey that allows to clear all production queues simultaneously. It is also very annoying to clear production queues by clicking on icons one by one, especially when you have many buildings producing or many units being produced.

So, I made a mod for this. The ResetQueue mod (official repository at this page) allows to bind a hotkey for clearing production queues of selected buildings. The default hotkeys can be changed from the Settings > Hotkeys menu.

I find this feature very useful and I often use it in game. I hope this feature will be present in a future version of the game. What do you think?

Installation

Click here to download the latest release. Install following the official 0 A.D. guide: How to install mods?

Alternative downloads: Latest Release (.pyromod) | Latest Release (.zip) | Older Releases

Contribute

The public repository is at this page. Everybody is very welcome to contribute, suggest, fork or simply give feedback. Have fun!

Edited by Mentula
new v0.26.2 attachment
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Great to see other people that appreciate hotkeys :), but in case you didn't know autociv mod already had that feature added long ago (see https://github.com/nanihadesuka/autociv/blob/81601be697900917768089a77273b9be330c58b6/autociv_data/default_config.json#L182

Anyway, is good to have two options. I see you used the proper functions and sane code style to do it so it might have high chances to get merged to the main game if you try it to make a patch (see https://code.wildfiregames.com/)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Player of 0AD said:

What about a mod which leaves auto-queu on if its on instead of disabling it if a unit cant be trained?

It shouldn't be hard to implement such a feature, I can look into that. Perhaps it is also something that developers can consider to include by default in the game.

23 minutes ago, Sevda said:

@Mentula this mod and your other mods are amazing! Would you mind if I implement some of them into StarGUI? I will also look into how not to disable autoqueue. 

@Sevda of course, you are welcome to use them (or part of them) into your StarGUI!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I updated ResetQueue to version 0.26.2.

The main change is a new hotkey that clears the trail of production queues: in other words, all but the current item are removed from the production queue.

This hotkey is in addition to the existing one, that completely clears the production queue (including the current item).

Further, with the new version, hotkeys are not mapped by default to pre-set keybindings; I noticed that some users find conflicts with existing keybindings, so it's better to leave the choice open.

Cheers.

ResetQueue.pyromod ResetQueue.zip

• Like 2