LocalRatings mod - evaluate players' skills based on previous games

Mentula

36 minutes ago, Mentula said:

CHARTS!

Hello 0 A.D. friends,

I am happy to announce a new release (v0.25.8) of the LocalRatings mod with new amazing features!

Are we getting better over time? Is our archenemy becoming everyday stronger? Charts will tell! Explanatory picture below.

Charts.thumb.png.c0383bae114ba29bbd49198c72e6e091.png

And if you don't like the default chart colors you can always change them (see picture below).

Hide contents

ChartsColor.png.c94188cbf5fce0c163dc10566d8ea678.png

Further, two new Score Weights have been added: the amount of resources used and the amount of resources sold at the market.

Finally, Other minor issues have been addressed.

Download: you can download the new release (v0.25.8) of the mod from the zip file attached to this post or from the zip file attached to the first post of this thread or from the official page.

LocalRatings-v0.25.8 24 kB · 0 downloads

this is fire! love it. about the file attached maybe change the extension to zip? had to do it myself before was able to unpack

• Thanks 1

This is a very nice feature.

What is exactly "performance over time"? It takes values that varies substantially from negative to very high values and currently, it seem very hard to see how "Rating evolution" is actually moving. Maybe making some tiny adjustment (using different scale or units of measurement, when generating the graph creating an option such that not everything is added ...) to get the different information on the graph more easy to read could be good? 

when i was very young (age 13) i was pretty good with some programming languages.
no about 30+x years later its not. but school papers say i was very good with for example turbo pascal.
now i really rally not. i forgot most of it.                   aging, impermanence :) if that could be implemented. i think that could be great :) (BTW there is a option already to set a beginning time)

Edited by seeh
  • Like 1

Just now, faction02 said:

What is exactly "performance over time"? It takes values that varies substantially from negative to very high values and currently, it seem very hard to see how "Rating evolution" is actually moving.

Every (x,y)-point of the Performance over time graph has y-coordinate equal to the player's rating calculated on the x-th game played. For example, if a player has performed 10% better than the average on their first game (where "better" depends on the weights set, of course), then (1, 10.00) will be a point on the Performance over time graph.

8 minutes ago, faction02 said:

Maybe making some tiny adjustment (using different scale or units of measurement, when generating the graph creating an option such that not everything is added ...) to get the different information on the graph more easy to read could be good? 

Thanks! Actually, the Performance over time graph can have very high and low peaks, making the Rating evolution graph poorly readable. I will put some option to hide/show certain elements of the chart and maybe readjust units/scale if needed. There are plenty of further improvements that can be made, charts have great potential.

• Like 1

@faction02 raised a good point. I have updated the last release (v0.25.8) with a small update. From the Options>Charts menu you can now hide/show charts. This will improve readability, I hope. You will now be able to see charts like this:

Chart.thumb.png.9d330fbe3622bdb5ec488b9b5112dda2.png

New features will appear in a future version (probably in A26). Attached you can find the updated version (v0.25.8.2). The same zip file can be found attached to the first comment of the current thread.

LocalRatings-v0.25.8.2.zip

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everybody,
no version update here, just a little piece of information from the author of the LocalRatings mod (me).

The next LocalRatings version (v0.26.1) will be released as soon as the new 0 A.D. Alpha 26 is out. I am impatient to play the new Alpha26 and to see how players' statistics change. As you may know, there will be a new civilization, the Han Chinese and it will be interesting to see how players perform with it. And speaking of civilizations... here's a preview of what you will find in the next LocalRatings version!

civs.thumb.png.915ca0f3fd816d503b149ef3cc57f50f.png

Yes, per-civ statistics. Cool, isn't it?

This is one of many new changes and features I have been working on. It will help giving a more concrete idea on civilization balance and I'm very curious to see what the Han Chinese civilization will reveal!

I will provide a full list of new features when the release day comes. For the moment, if any of you wants to try it in advance, you can download the zip file of the development version (or download it manually from the GitLab page). It runs on both A25 and A26. I appreciate any feedback, in particular regarding the new explanatory page, that can be opened from the "About Local Ratings" button on the top of the page. Surely more content can be added and the English might not be perfect (my mother tongue is not English), so I appreciate any suggestion in that sense. Other type of feedback is welcome too. Should you have any thought, feel free to send me a private message.

Thanks and... see you on A26!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 5

i have updated it and not it now it shows error and empty lists:

[75.136] eror: GUI page page gui/page_localratings.xml Failed to call init() function

image.png.ae79c5a7fd836307a995e316d2bc68fa.png

if i disable all other mods then i see the list again.

any idea how to fix that without disable other mods? maybe a issue with StarGui 7 ?

image.png.e25d73f8b7f92ae9786335946fe13496.png

Edited by seeh

@seehat a first glance the issue does not seem to be related with the LocalRatings mod, but arising from somewhere else.

I am not using any of the mods you listed but I'll give them a look to see where the issue is originated.

One thing you can try to do is to run mods in a different order, 0 A.D. allows to do that (from the Mod Selection page). If this works for you, please leave a comment, other people might be affected too.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mentula said:

One thing you can try to do is to run mods in a different order, 0 A.D. allows to do that (from the Mod Selection page). If this works for you, please leave a comment, other people might be affected too.

i tried many different orders. the only think was helped was disable StarGui7 SartGui4 ( 

is working. StarGui7 changing the colors an layout of the main window and much more.

best for me is delete/disable folder

StarGUI7/gui/lobby/LobbyPage/

Edited by seeh

It likely seems to be an issue of StarGui mod introduced between StarGui4 and StarGui7. Maybe @Sevda can take a quick look?

It's not the first time I find incompatibility issues across different 0 A.D. mods. Most of the times this is due to modders not proxying existing functions, but overwriting them. I don't know if this is the case... if time allows I can help looking into StarGui.

6 hours ago, Mentula said:

StarGui4 and StarGui7

Across the 3 versions I have implemented actual changes to javascript files that control the shape, text and function of GUI elements; I think one of the minor changes could be interfering with localratings. Before StarGUI v4.0 it was all changing skins and actors, which was harmless. 

The match numbers filter and match duration filters are very important; it allows us to remove flukes and only look at good games which lasted for a long time. 

image.thumb.png.dd93278c50ae74909bc4eb3620db1f36.png

This is my list after applying the filters of time > 23 minutes and minimum number of games is 3. I also set the weights to take only military performance (killing machine) into consideration. A new star player named violentviolet does not forfeit their name and scored the top place, leading me by more than 100 points!

On 23/07/2022 at 1:43 PM, Mentula said:

Are we getting better over time?

Feature request: Wow really nice work with your evolution graph. BTW i interested to find out which of my games get me good rating. so i may want look the replay from them again later.

eventually its possible to click in the graph and get the replay name? or add a column in the replay list (lists my rating for this game?)

BTW for example my graph looks a bit more wired then most of other graphs i think: :D

image.png.51c460da8d129ffca061ed1c05dab624.png

Edited by seeh

• 1 month later...

Cheers and... WELCOME TO ALPHA 26!

The newest version of the LocalRatings mod (v0.26.1) is attached to this post.

Major new features:

1. Automatic (and much faster!) list update.
  2. New per-civ rating chart.
  3. Ratings of players visible in the lobby page.
  4. Documentation, including the rating system and F.A.Q. is now available (clicking on the "Info" button).
  5. New match filter: starting resources.

.. and other little perks:

1. Player names colored as in lobby.
  2. Hovering on evolution chart shows detailed information.
  3. More statistical data (e.g. standard deviation).

Release notes: the attached new version of LocalRatings v0.26.1 is compatible with Alpha 25.

Installation: see the first post of this thread for instructions.

Have fun!

LocalRatings.pyromod LocalRatings.zip

• Like 3

I happily its still updating LocalRatings <3 . BTW LocalRating of ValihrAnt here is rank only Nr 108 :D rating 11.  and real rating 2339 ;) np. so ich changed the config to minum Games to 4 and now he is at rank 43 ;)

and i now at minus -9 (rank 300) , was always near -14 :D a little progress

image.png.b6a85b54c6fa7b7f6f8949633cc9df85.png

Edited by seeh

8 hours ago, seeh said:

The sorting works great and so does the search. could you save these? so that the next time you visit, it's already in there?

I am not planning to release a new version soon, unless some important bug is spotted. All changes and additional features will have to wait for a while.

However, I opened an issue on the GitLab repository following your suggestion: https://gitlab.com/mentula0ad/LocalRatings/-/issues/30. That means that, if nobody works on it before the next release, I will (probably) add it.

9 hours ago, seeh said:

maybe I can program that little think too. would that be okay? do you support me if i have questions?

Sure, you can do that. All are welcome to modify the project at their own needs, long live to free software! :) The feature should be easy to implement, but if you find difficulties, feel free to PM me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/06/2022 at 4:02 PM, woodpecker said:

Would it be smart to have more weight on, lets say, the last 20 games , less weight on the 20 previous to that and games before that again very little weight?  https://buyessayscheap.org/

To me that makes sence as people get better, but in different tempo. What matters is how you perform lately, right?

then just "perceieved skill" of player will dictate that, ie som1 who is perceieved as 1400 but is 1600 will give him wrose team balance overal than if it was opposite. so it may just be that weirdjokes, darkcity, vinme are seen as less skilled than they are, so when game is balanced they are given advanatageous teams. 

also depends im sure on players database, ie whoever they play with more, and whoever playes better when playing with them.

Edited by adamscotthi
  • Like 1

wow :D ! i got for last game a localRating of 440 :D fun ;) buts true. there was a lot to hunt and it was very short

mainland medium, 13:22 minutes

Screenshot_20221015_020649.png

metadata.json commands.txt

/--- i was deleting this game and nevertheless less this strange:confused: evolution chart -^ not changed. strange :confused:

i mean at could have a reason with game speed eventually? i played some games in speed of 500 for testing something

Screenshot_20221015_204315.png

Edited by seeh
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, seeh said:

wow :D ! i got for last game a localRating of 440 :D fun ;) buts true. there was a lot to hunt and it was very short

mainland medium, 13:22 minutes

Screenshot_20221015_020649.png

someone really wanted to find out why the chart is so extreme here. I do not know why. but i found the game its a game from 2022-10-14_0003

reason was easy. was a 4v4 game. playes left the game. i played alone over 30 minutes
i did not recogrnized that i was alone

metadata.json commands.txt

Edited by seeh
  • Thanks 1