[0.25b] 0 A.D. on Fedora 36

Graham1

I've started using 0 A.D. on Fedora and noticed that every time 0 A.D. is loaded, the cursor is only available within a window (3 quarters up/across from the bottom right of the screen). A workaround is to press Alt+Tab which then makes the whole screen accessible. This issue appears on the rpm package. I have also installed Nvidia drivers (5.10).

:)

Edited by Graham1

4 hours ago, Stan` said:

Might need to add this to your config file.

cursorbackend = "system"
nohwcursor = "true"

Do you have a 4K monitor or do you use display scaling ?

I have added the above to user.cfg under Home/.config/0ad/config. Is that correct? Unfortunately, this didn't make any difference. My screen is using 1680x1050 resolution with scaling set to 100%.

Edit: Also, pressing the windows logo key twice allows the cursur to travel the full height/width of the screen.

Edited by Graham1

4 hours ago, Stan` said:

Can you take a picture of the problem?

cc @vladislavbelov

It's difficult to take a screenshot with Gnome's new screenshot app as it looses focus when run but I've managed to take a short video showing the issue.

As you see, you can't get to the menu on the left until you zoom out then the whole screen is accessible.

Edited by Graham1

8 hours ago, vladislavbelov said:

That's not present in A25b.

Are you able to build the game from sources?

You've got to be kidding :no:. I'm a very basic user :). Tbh, it's not really a big issue for me but just thought I would mention. Just a couple of clicks of the Windows keys resolved this issue.

Which is the preferred method of installing 0 A.D? (rpm or flatpak). Does one release sooner than the other or better supported?

Edit: Btw, the window issue doesn't occur in the flatpak version.

Edited by Graham1

4 hours ago, Graham1 said:

Which is the preferred method of installing 0 A.D? (rpm or flatpak). Does one release sooner than the other or better supported?

Edit: Btw, the window issue doesn't occur in the flatpak version.

The support level is the same and the rpm/flatpack version are basically the same though the flatpack is a full static build the dep libraries are included which is why they tend to be a larger download.

Enjoy the Choice :)  

10 hours ago, Loki1950 said:

The support level is the same and the rpm/flatpack version are basically the same though the flatpack is a full static build the dep libraries are included which is why they tend to be a larger download.

Enjoy the Choice :)  

Coming from Ubuntu, I've been used to Snap. I'm tempted by Flatpak and if like Snap, will work on any version of the Fedora so for a packager, this has to be better (if I understand this correctly).

Hello. I had the same problem before I switched to Arch. All you have to do it simply press the mod key or the key that activates your app launcher (usually the windows/command key) when the game has loaded, then you can play normally :)