What books are you reading these days?

Having just finished "The Hobbit" by Tolkien it is "Patterns of Enterprise Application Architecture" by Martin Fowler as well as "Design Patterns" (Gang of Four) and "Introduction toAlgorithmns" by Corman et al for me these days.

To meet the human side of the coin I am reading "Monsieur Ibrahim et les fleurs du Coran" by Éric EmmanuelSchmitt as well.

WHat are you reading these days?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For school right now it's Cyrano de Burcauqe (sp). Story about the swordsman Cyrano with a big nose. Kinda not my type to read, then again none of the school books are. :)

For my own reading I am reading Prey by Michael Crition.

I finished reading Deception Point, and Digital Fortress a while ago which were both Dan Brown books. Great books.

I have read All of the Redwall series[love the characters, author, and battles], read most of the Hobbit[which I never got to finish thanks to my ostentatious schol], reading the Chronicles of Narnia[books with moral in them].

I LOVE TO READ! Thank you for asking!

Edited by Java3

I'm reading "The Mycenaean World" by John Chadwick, very interesting look at the people involved in the creation of history's greatest myths and tales.

I'm also mid-way through the Wheel of Time series. I've finished Book 8, ready to proceed with 9 at some point in the future. In addtion I recently finished reading Michael Chricton's Eaters of the Dead. Bad movie, great book.

I've been reading all the books from Simon Scarrow's "Eagle" series again last week ("Under the Eagle", "Eagle's Conquest", "When the Eagle hunts", "The Eagle and the Wolves" - all about the Roman conquest of Britain from the perspective of a young Optio of the Legions), which was a lot of fun. I'm anxiously waiting for the release of the fifth "Eagle" book as paperback in June, and I'll be sure to get the English version from my bookstore no later than a week after it has been released :)

Besides these, I haven't read much in recent times, because there were always other things to do (at least if my maths course-books do not count). Oh, and of course, computer literature, but mostly in online/ebook format, so these aren't really books.

• 1 month later...