Vocab

You may want to use a Thesaurus, such as this one http://thesaurus.reference.com/ .

You can learn lots of fancy ways to say simple words, and it can make your sound more profound.

Here's some for Colorful: bright, chromatic, flashy, florid, gaudy, hued, intense, jazzy, kaleidoscopic, loud, motley, multicolored, picturesque, prismatic, psychedelic, rich, showy, splashy, variegated, vibrant, vivid

Here's a word that you have probably heard, but couldn't use in a sentence: "Antidisestablishmentarianism". It means, in my words, someone who is against the disestablishment movement, which stated that there should be a seperation between church and state. Here are a couple ways you could use it (it really impresses professors):

"Both Voltaire and Thomas Jefferson stood staunch against the attacks of antidisestablishmentarianism on their beliefs."

"Many of the newly reelected President's Evangelical supporters are antidisestablishmentarianists".

Hippopottomonstrosesquippedaliaphobia is a fun word

It means the fear of long words.

I knew this word for some lung disease... I'll have to ask my friend what it is again...

More useful and fun words are

Cantankerous, Discombobulate, and Circumlocution