Recruitable slingers when Romans capture embassy in A26 SVN

On occasion in A26 (playing as Romans) I've captured embassies that allowed me to train slingers.  Since I can't remember which civ produced that building I started poking around in Atlas  and none of the embassies I could choose from had that option  (now show a sammite(SP?) swordsman.  Was this a fleeting feature that has disappeared? 

9 minutes ago, Old Roman said:

On occasion in A26 (playing as Romans) I've captured embassies that allowed me to train slingers.  Since I can't remember which civ produced that building I started poking around in Atlas  and none of the embassies I could choose from had that option  (now show a sammite(SP?) swordsman.  Was this a fleeting feature that has disappeared? 

Carthage, Celtic embassy

In A25 every civ can train every unit in an embassy which carthage can also train

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Old Roman said:

now show a sammite(SP?) swordsman

I think there are 4 Roman swordsman units: citizen, champion, Samnite and Gladiator. The latter 2 of the units can only be summoned in the atlas editor and not the actual game. Some units only exist in Atlas editors as there is no structure to train them. Strangely, the Carthaginians can train green Samnites although the authentic Roman Samnites are red.

7 minutes ago, Player of 0AD said:

In A25 every civ can train every unit in an embassy which carthage can also train

Is this a good feature or a bug?

13 minutes ago, Sevda said:

I think there are 4 Roman swordsman units: citizen, champion, Samnite and Gladiator. The latter 2 of the units can only be summoned in the atlas editor and not the actual game. Some units only exist in Atlas editors as there is no structure to train them. Strangely, the Carthaginians can train green Samnites although the authentic Roman Samnites are red.

Is this a good feature or a bug?

Imho capturing is a bug, not a feature : P

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

So I found the Balearic slinger in the Iberian Embassy after adding it to a roman settlement in a Atlas generated map.

A map with all the available embassies would be interesting--attacking with a very diverse army.  Double clicking on one brings up the training icons for all.