Request Help From AI

Graham1

Would it be possible to request help from an AI? I tend to play a lot of 4 x 4 type games. Myself and 3 allies vs 4 enemy and it would be useful to be able to instruct them for assistance. Say if defending a certain area of the map or help destroying an area. Maybe by using preset instructions (attack/defend) and then use the visual alert to highlight the area. You could even add a price for this assistance.

:)

Edited by Graham1

1. There is the flare (in the minimap box); sometimes when I hit it when I get attacked after a while my AI ally will send some units.

2. In the diplomacy panel you can ask your ally/allies to attack a certain enemy. I never used that, but if you ever had them ask you for an attack on someone and watched how after that they slowly gather their units and eventually move to attack, that's what I expect them to do then also.

12 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

seriously? Can someone confirm?

I play very often with AIs and they often send help to their allies (for example me) even when there is no flare. So just if somebody flares and gets help it doesnt mean that the help comes because of the flare.  I think the AI doesnt even receive the flare, it might just ignore it.

8 minutes ago, Player of 0AD said:

I play very often with AIs and they often send help to their allies (for example me) even when there is no flare. So just if somebody flares and gets help it doesnt mean that the help comes because of the flare.  I think the AI doesnt even receive the flare, it might just ignore it.

Yeah, sometimes my AI ally sends help without a flare, although I wouldn't say 'often'. Would be nice if someone with actual knowledge of the code could tell us.

@Stan` Do you know, or knows who knows?

Regarding the AI sending help, it will check whether there are enemies in/nigh the territory of one of its allies and will come to their aid if possible. (So if you really want that help, try to keep the battle in your territory instead of just outside of it.)

And yes, it would be nice to use the flare for assistance. :)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Player of 0AD said:

I second this but the AI rarely help when you are advancing (even when you ask for their assistance). They are too busy getting an army ready :LOL: and by the time they do, my party of rogues are wiped out. You usually have to wait for them to advance first and then join them.

:)

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Graham1 said:

You usually have to wait for them to advance first and then join them.

Guess it depends how you're playing/what your settings are. I like to turtle until I can start my decisive 'world peace & unity tour', capturing critical infrastructure on the way.

When my AI ally attacks early/mid game it always ends with their army being wiped out; even if they successfully destroy the enemies' eco, they have no understanding of pulling back or pulling out. So the enemies' soldiers garrison, my ally pokes at fields or something and gets shot up; and for me it's no fun trying to capture fully garrisoned CCs etc. If my ally gets mighty and attacks late game, they just destroy everything; also no capturing fun for me. Basically, I prefer my ally to hold their flank, be a viable trading partner and to not get in my way otherwise. (And not declare themselves neutral or even allied with my enemies! :balrog: )

• Haha 1