Native M1 Mac test bundle

Stan`

Hello everyone,

We're happy to release the first M1 Mac Testing version of 0 A.D. Alpha 25b  We provide this in the hope of finding and squashing bugs efficiently. It may however contain bugs.  If you choose to test, please keep that in mind.

EDIT: Since the bundle is not signed on certain macOS version you might need to unlock the app. You can do so by running the following command.

xattr -cr /Applications/0\ A.D..app

Download Link

Things you may want to test (non-exhaustive)

1. Launch a random game
  2. Launch a skirmish.
  3. Connect to the lobby
  4. Play on the lobby with someone
  5. Launch Atlas and try things out there
  6. Open Unit tests demo (To see if there any breakage in displaying entity's) (It's in scenarios)
  7. Enable feedback and see if it works (Main menu) Video
  8. Connect to and use mod.io
  9. Test replaying new games
  10. Test Screenshots (F2)
  11. Test Big Screenshots (Maj+F2)
  12. Test hotkeys
  13. Test ranked games
  14. Test Saving and loading a game.
  15. Test Quickload/Quicksave
  16. (Optional) Upload the feedback files (See see wiki:GameDataPaths)

What to do if I see a weird red line ?

Make sure to enable GLSL in the game options.

What to do if I have an Out Of Sync?

You should go in your logs folder (see wiki:GameDataPaths), find the replay (commands.txt at least), the mainlog/interestinglog and find the OOS dump folder. Zip all these files and upload them here. Ideally, you should coordinate with the OOS players so that they upload their own OOS dump, so we can compare them.

What to do if I have an error or notice something weird?

Post your commands.txt (replay) and the interestinglog.html file from your folder. You can also reply to this thread.

What to do if the game crashes

Update your crashlog.dmp and crashlog.txt  see wiki:GameDataPaths

• Like 7

• dezsom changed the title to M1 arm64 package is damaged.
  • Freagarach changed the title to Native M1 Mac test bundle
5 hours ago, kumikumi said:

Here is a workaround:

xattr -cr /Applications/0\ A.D..app

Running the above command after dragging the app to Applications should make it run. Still trying to investigate the root cause of the issue.

I ran this command after dragging the app (didn't see this msg).  It worked afterwards.

Issue 1:  Warning:   MSAA not supported.    Issue1.zip

Issue 2:  Relative to Windows/Linux, the mini map is crowded. Note:  White is unbuilt buildings.  I've never seen that on Windows/Linux (Edit:  foundations only, no % built).

441174538_ScreenShot2022-04-22at12_25_57PM.png.e5d41f75f50ec7adc6a4f3b1e130e69c.png

Multiplayer replays seem to work.  So do multiplayer games.

Singleplayer replays seem to work.  So do singleplayer games.

Edited by Dizaka

1 hour ago, Dizaka said:

Issue 1:  Warning:   MSAA not supported. 

Issue 2:  Relative to Windows/Linux, the mini map is crowded. Note:  White is unbuilt buildings.  I've never seen that on Windows/Linux.

Do these issues occur also when running the official Mac version using Rosetta, or are they specific to the ARM build?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kumikumi said:

Do these issues occur also when running the official Mac version using Rosetta, or are they specific to the ARM build?

I have never played 0ad on mac previously.  First time testing on a mac.

I installed the old version and have not receive a MSAA error with full graphics/everything enabled.  I believe it is just M1 related.

The minimap seems crowded on old version for mac.  However, I do not see in single player white buildings on the mini map.  You know, I'm realizing maybe the white building foundations were a resigned player.  Will test this later tonight.

Edited by Dizaka

20 hours ago, Dizaka said:

I ran this command after dragging the app (didn't see this msg).  It worked afterwards.

Issue 1:  Warning:   MSAA not supported.    Issue1.zip

Issue 2:  Relative to Windows/Linux, the mini map is crowded. Note:  White is unbuilt buildings.  I've never seen that on Windows/Linux (Edit:  foundations only, no % built).

441174538_ScreenShot2022-04-22at12_25_57PM.png.e5d41f75f50ec7adc6a4f3b1e130e69c.png

Multiplayer replays seem to work.  So do multiplayer games.

Singleplayer replays seem to work.  So do singleplayer games.

Can you upload the replay to test on other platforms.

6 hours ago, Stan` said:

Can you upload the replay to test on other platforms.

I'll try making a replay with similar conditions.  It was me joining a multiplayer game.  I counted the players and it seems like it was a resigned player in the screenshot of the minimap.  However, I do not think buildings of resigned players show up as white squares but could be wrong.

So it looks like when a player resigns the buildings are white.  Didn't particularly notice it.

Anyway, minimap on mac vs windows/linux is crowded.  The icons are way bigger on MAC than on Windows/Linux.  On MAC it is difficult to make out fine details.  I'm not completely sure why this is and it looks like it was there like that before M1.

image.png.00f1cfcb4320e93ec9e8142d437e46df.png

Edited by Dizaka

5 hours ago, Stan` said:

@Dizaka I notice you are using @Langbart's boongui mode maybe that's the difference ? Units and buildings turning white (gaia) is intended. Tagging @vladislavbelov

Replay.zipThe 2nd screenshot was with boongui on Linux.  It shows the more detailed minimap that I've know from 0ad.  Maybe it is the difference between normal and boongui minimap?  

Ok, I'm going to rerun test games (replays, same replay) and do screenshots on:

M1 MAC, with boonGUI:

• Using a plugged in monitor
  • Using their super duper 120hz display panel

M1 MAC, without boonGUI

• Using the same plugged in monitor

Reg. MAC, with boonGUI:

• Using a plugged in monitor

Reg. MAC, without boonGUI

1598825624_ScreenShot2022-04-24at4_02_21PM.png.cb36951c3ce745b6c9ebe362027a1813.png

803869223_ScreenShot2022-04-24at4_00_21PM.png.8f2463e647c67d5ee7b7dc4d4406bb18.png

Linux, with boonGUI:

image.png.d6bad7ad76d5b1e05d132ce86a33690f.png

Linux, without boonGUI:

image.png.ca5952da8cc79af03ad12f45e3aff0bd.png

Hmmmm, if the minimaps are different between MAC vs Linux/Windows it explains why I've been able to play without sounds and people on MAC didn't understand how it's possible ...

Edited by Dizaka

33 minutes ago, Dizaka said:

Hmmmm, if the minimaps are different between MAC vs Linux/Windows it explains why I've been able to play without sounds and people on MAC didn't understand how it's possible ...

BoonGUI minimap is different.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, I run the site MacSourcePorts.com, I'm trying to host or point to signed and notarized Universal 2 builds of Mac source ports and games like 0 A.D.

I've been successful in scripting and automating macOS signing and notarization for apps, if I can be of any assistance please let me know.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

While trying to load a mod an error occurred after clicking 'Download Mods'. See attachment.

In English it says: 'Initialisation error' and 'Game ID could not be retrieved'. Note the untranslated string underneath btw.

Clicking Retry ('Opnieuw') loaded the list allright.

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-15 om 19.55.13.png

Edited by rollieoo

After clicking 'Save and restart' in the mod menu the game does not revert to fullscreen but to the largest possible window. So the Mac menu bar shows and the grey top bar of the window. This happens after having activated or disabled a mod or making no changes.

Schermafbeelding 2022-05-15 om 21.19.28.png

• 4 months later...
On 4/5/2022 at 5:16 AM, MacSourcePorts said:

Hey guys, I run the site MacSourcePorts.com, I'm trying to host or point to signed and notarized Universal 2 builds of Mac source ports and games like 0 A.D.

I've been successful in scripting and automating macOS signing and notarization for apps, if I can be of any assistance please let me know.

Can I restate how big of a boost this would be for adoption of this game in the Mac community? MacSourcePorts is doing fantastic work with great visibility; I'd urge you to take them up on the offer for help. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...