Age of Empires III DE.

• 3 weeks later...

Recently I returned to RTS and mostly thanks to AoE3:DE. The original didn't quite click on me, I didn't like the unlocking cards thing as it made skirmish very grindy. This is the only current RTS I play on ranked (altough I have a lousy 920 ELO).

I love the cards system now that they are unlocked, it lets you play all kind of wacky things,  Mexico is my favourite of the new civs but I also play Portugal (which is kind of in a bad shape right now) and Dutch (which are fun altough a bit of a one-trick pony civ)

I hope they keep improving the game, specially the AI. I find it dissapointing that the AI doesn't build walls and that it very rarely revolts. In this aspect AoE2 is still the king (the AI mops the floor with me on anything above moderate)

I'm super hyped for the release of KoTM, that and 0AD alpha 26 are my most anticipated things right now! :banana:

Edited by Sp00ky
  • Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...

You can get the demo of the game for free on steam. It was fun. I liked reliving childhood memories replaying the Morgan Black campaign, it's probably my favorite RTS campaign with knights and pirates and a really cool bagpipe theme...

I prefer 0 A.D.'s HUD, its closer to the original AOE3

I don't like how the developers are trying to squeeze every cent out of players with 80 dlcs and expansions, though.

• Like 1

I love the terrain, I love it.

Game designers work more on the immersion of the terrain or background than on all the other art.

At least that's what I heard in a video but I don't remember in which one and it was in Spanish, it would explain why AoE 4's terrains are so good.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 3 weeks later...