When Death encountered a Bug.

gameboy

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, this is my first post here.

I have been poking around in the relevant bits of code. Have not found a fix yet.

I did find out however that this bug is not specific to water units but rather to units which die in the water and have blood.

I saw the same behavior by killing infantry and cavalry on the beach at the surf line in Corinthian Isthmus.

https://imgur.com/a/rbzfMwF

I did not see the behavior killing a battering ram.

In a25 blood is drawn under the water for land units. No blood that I can see for whales / fishing boats etc.

In a26 blood is drawn at the water level height, this seems to be the origin of the regression.

One problem I am having is understanding the conventions of the C++ side. Can anyone tell me how to find where AddEntity is defined?

I tried interacting with Engine.AddEntity through the in game console. Engine exists in that environment but AddEntity does not. Any solutions?

Hopefully these notes help point someone in the right direction.

3 hours ago, gameboy said:

This is a BUG that has never appeared before, please try to solve it.

Actually I have already spotted this issue with dead whales as well. I'm sure the developers are already on it, please have some patience. Meanwhile, I will look at the actor files and check if something is wrong with the death animations. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Sevda said:

Actually I have already spotted this issue with dead whales as well. I'm sure the developers are already on it, please have some patience. Meanwhile, I will look at the actor files and check if something is wrong with the death animations. 

Nothing is it's a material bug. Was revealed by @vladislavbelov's refactorings. Before no blood was visible at all.

• Sad 1