Thread for posting suggestions for Alpha 27.

Lion.Kanzen

0 A.D take the history in your hands!

The first time I played Age of Empires I fell in love, but with 0 A.D I got married.

------ now to the point ---------

As it is already in the final stage of development, there is Alpha. There is no room for anything new.

continuing the series of wishes for the next Alpha.

I wish:

More technologies for early and second phase.

more cultural and religious background.(Bonus in stats and HP, XP).

More units. new sub classes. ( Differentiate units with little armor and with a lot of armor)

More maps.

New modes.

More differentiated factions.

More strategies.

More AI development.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

We can start including some.

We could have started to include some a long time ago. Sadly we don't have the manpower to do so. Just like many other features. ;)

My wish list:

• Experiment with features.

I'll be overhauling some things that players won't notice, though. ^^'

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

More units. new sub classes.

i would love to see a couple more skiritai-esq units. One of which could be axe cav, especially since this unit is unique to the Persians. Hyrcannian cav are currently worse than swordcav, with less hack/sec and 2 less pierce armor. Their best use is for crush against buildings.

Since they seem to be a "light" cavalry, I think it would be cool if they could become a more costly, more powerful rank 3 unit like skiritai. Specifically, this should be the fastest cavalry in the game, keeping the light armor, but additional hack dmg. The specifics of these could be honed obviously for balance, but I think a fast and light, high damage unit would be exciting.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, real_tabasco_sauce said:

Since they seem to be a "light" cavalry, I think it would be cool if they could become a more costly, more powerful rank 3 unit like skiritai. Specifically, this should be the fastest cavalry in the game, keeping the light armor, but additional hack dmg. The specifics of these could be honed obviously for balance, but I think a fast and light, high damage unit would be exciting.

It's a good idea, people seem to take a liking to these units.

• Like 1

We need campaign mode, and other interesting maps with trigger scripts. Let each faction have more abundant units, such as slingers and axeman. Enrich the types of formations and strengthen their effects. In addition to the Greeks and Romans, other ethnic groups should also have unique formations.

• Like 2

More great artwork from @wackyserious :).

Phase IV? Something I liked about AoE2 was, you had Castle Age where you get unique units and knights,  defenses dominated so you had great battles but it was hard to destroy cities. Then, you had Imperial Age where you get much better siege, especially ranged siege, so you could destroy defenses easily. Maybe we can have an Empire Phase with emphasis on siege.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, LetswaveaBook said:

That would be very nice. Currently the dominant strategy has little strategical depth: Spam skirmishers and spearmen (or pikemen)

I am going to open a topic of cultural and civic technologies.

I'm going to wait a bit for the release of A26.

And finish some portraits.

• Like 2

macedonia that has some phase 2 advantage, siege or thracian dark layers, if possible a cheap battering ram that is easier to destroy, in case it becomes spam.

iberians need the soliferrum in phase 2 or as technology for the sword champions for a cost in metal per individual unit 
the carthaginians have mercenary iberian sword cavalry and the iberians don't have that unit, they should put the iberians too. 

britans and lusitanians have a druida for war, that will benefit them a little, galus have the carnuco, that gives a bufo of attack is already enough with that support

add lusitanians

that the capture or attack on buildings is not by default in formation

roman road technology for the Romans to move faster in their territory 

until the A26 comes out and we don't see han china finally inside, I don't have much else. 

Edited by soloooy0
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, soloooy0 said:

macedonia that has some phase 2 advantage, siege or thracian dark layers, if possible a cheap battering ram that is easier to destroy, in case it becomes spam.

iberians need the soliferrum in phase 2 or as technology for the sword champions for a cost in metal per individual unit 
the carthaginians have mercenary iberian sword cavalry and the iberians don't have that unit, they should put the iberians too. 

britans and lusitanians have a druida for war, that will benefit them a little, galus have the carnuco, that gives a bufo of attack is already enough with that support

add lusitanians

that the capture or attack on buildings is not by default in formation

roman road technology for the Romans to move faster in their territory 

until the A26 comes out and we don't see han china finally inside, I don't have much else. 

We are going to divide the technologies into several groups. unique, cultural and generic groups. 

The ideal is to start with the generic ones. But indeed... the Iberians need a unique technology.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

Units that have crush damage as part of their attack are quite weak due to their overall dps being reduced versus regular units. What if we reconsidered the crush armor values of some units rather than them all being 20?

Seems like ranged units have 10, spears and pikes have 15, and champs have 20, heroes 25.

I think some more variety here could be worth considering perhaps between pikes and spears.

Maybe an overall reduction to some of these values as well could be an improvement, since crush is almost irrelevant to soldiers, except for eles.

^perhaps pikes should have less crush armor than spears and swords(no shield)

Also, perhaps skirms should have a little more than archers and slingers.

Also there should be some crush armor differentiation between cav,inf,ranged,melee champs.

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce

This was in another discussion, but it should go here too:

Economy score rework:

Economy score = resources gathered resources spent

separate statistic in summary screen:

Value ratio = military score / economy score

(shows player skill, if some units are super OP like merc cav, player unit composition, overall effectiveness)

Also, the latter value would show how impactful a rush is in the early game with the same weight (since an early game ratio and a late game ratio are still each ratios)

Thoughts on this change?

Edited by real_tabasco_sauce

This is something I have suggested before. 0.3x multiplier versus melee cavalry damage to palisade walls. I think it is currently too easy to raid with cavalry and the counter play is usually to make your own cavalry. Players often build palisade walls to restrict movement of raiding javelin cavalry, and this works fairly well. The issue is that sword cavalry can take down palisades so quickly that infantry can hardly catch up to deal any damage. Making palisades able to slow down all varieties of cavalry within the base would allow palisades to be genuinely useful.

The counter would not make palisades OP of course and it would not make them frustrating in late game (a24+pathfinders). Melee infantry would be a better choice to break palisades in rushes and so it could give some value to infantry rushes (they have been bad in a25).

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, LetswaveaBook said:

I think it would be nice to introduce some features that represent the culture of certain factions.

An idea would be the Roman bathhouses. The in game effect could be similar to the technology living condition where garrisoned units regain HP.

that one would be separate topic, is more hard to do because balance.

18 分钟前,LetswaveaBook 说道:

我认为引入一些代表某些派系文化的功能会很好。

一个想法是罗马浴室。 游戏中的效果可能类似于驻军单位恢复HP的科技生活状态。

The public baths were more representative of Roman concepts of social life, such as egalitarianism and civic participation in politics.
But it's not very suitable for medical technology, because the sanitary conditions of public bathrooms are not as good as we think, and for those injured by weapons, public bathrooms often lead to bacterial infection of wounds.

• Like 1