I am trying to make a mod and it just says this

AGamer

Hello, I am brand new to modding so I am quite inexperienced. So I copied the contents of the public file into a new mod file that I created, then I went into  the mod json file and wrote this 

{
    "name": "Test Mod",
    "version": "0.01",
    "label": "Label",
    "url": "https://play0ad.com",
    "description": "Description",
    "dependencies": ["0ad=0.0.25"]
    ,"type": "game"
}

the difference between my mod and the main game is that it changed the menu music as a test, and, when I started it, the game allowed me to select and enable the mod, but once I did, it showed an error to small and fast to read, and the mod did not work. So I went to the crash logs and it said this

(error while dumping stack: No stack frames found)
errno = 2 (Error during IO)
OS error = 0 (no error code was set)

I really would like to make a mod for this game so I would be glad if you told what I am doing wrong, thank for your time.

also, every time I open the game, it brings me to the mod selection menu and says incompatible or missing mods, then it has me enable it again, but not before having deactivate it as well

Edited by AGamer

Thank you Stan, but I think you are misunderstanding the situation. You see, I am creating a mod and the game is having trouble reading it, I suspect that I am missing a step but I could not understand the instructions given on the official tutorial, so I looked at what a fellow modder did to his json file and checked mine by it, they both match, currently my mod only changes the menu Background and I copied the backgrounds from the public  file and then renamed them to all have .DELETED, then I wrote an xml and js file for the image I wanted to use. but, when I started it, the background images were the same.

Edited by AGamer

Nice to see another modder. :)

Could you please upload your interestinglog.html? That is where the fast-passing errors go to (it is overwritten each start, so make sure you save it right after you get those errors). It would also be easier for people to help you if you could provide us with a link to where your mod's code reside.

Well, I would explain if I knew how I did it. I just deleted my pack and repasted everything, I assume I jacked something up in the code by accident and the wipe got rid of it. So far it is just a menu changer, the menu is not even finalized, aka just some stock images for now. I do not even have any content on it because I can't 3d model, because I suck. There is not much to upload.

Edited by AGamer
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, AGamer said:

Well, I would explain if I knew how I did it. I just deleted my pack and repasted everything, I assume I jacked something up in the code by accident and the wipe got rid of it. So far it is just a menu changer, the menu is not even finalized, aka just some stock images for now. I do not even have any content on it because I can't 3d model, because I suck. There is not much to upload.

My first attempt I just copied as much from autociv (the better organized mod I could find) structure as I could, even retaining some nomenclature.

These days there are tons of good references and I'm sure good people to assist you in case you get stuck, keep it up!

• Haha 1