Can or should 0 AD move past melee meat shield+ dps ranged?

1 minute ago, chrstgtr said:

That’s what I was thinking. I’m sure there are more (options and interesting) ways it can be done, but I def prefer something like that to an alternative where everyone just gets the same roster 

In my opinion Delende Est has differentiation nailed down quite well, especially the whole hero business, really like that aspect, a little role play mixed in with RTS is satisfying :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 07/04/2022 at 4:21 PM, Fabius said:

In my opinion Delende Est has differentiation nailed down quite well, especially the whole hero business, really like that aspect, a little role play mixed in with RTS is satisfying :) 

giving the hero a whole development is interesting like an rpg like Warcraft.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 07/04/2022 at 2:47 PM, Fabius said:

Skiritai do standout, are unique, and do make Sparta unique. Spartiates as well.

May I ask what is unique (in the sense of useful) about them ? They're expensive, nearly useless for collecting resources/construction, and die quite quickly in combat...

45 minutes ago, LienRag said:

May I ask what is unique (in the sense of useful) about them ? They're expensive, nearly useless for collecting resources/construction, and die quite quickly in combat...

They deal a lot of damage and are fast. They are quite fun to use but are not always a fantastic meatshield.

Well I believe the answer to the discussion title has turned out to be "Yes" and "yes"

Edited by BreakfastBurrito_007
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

They deal a lot of damage and are fast. They are quite fun to use but are not always a fantastic meatshield.

Well I believe the answer to the discussion title has turned out to be "Yes" and "yes"

I think it would be nice to develop formations more, so that the Skiritai can be fast swordsmen in general, but can switch to hard meat shield wielding spears in phalanx/locked shields formation. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

I would say it is entirely the opposite.

With 9 m/s they are slow as any melee infantry unit (though pikes are even slower).Their attack is multiplied by 1.2^2=1,44. With 10.5 damage per second their attack damage is still lower than that of skirmishers. Their durability is multiplied by 1.25^2/0.9^2=1.92 and that makes them fairly durable. 

6 hours ago, LienRag said:

May I ask what is unique (in the sense of useful) about them ?

Skiritai are rank 3 CS soldiers which make them unique. There isn't much more creativity about them.  @wowgetoffyourcellphone  did in my view a better job in delenda est. If I were more competent in github and spend more time, I would (encourage to) use a variation of how skiritai are in delenda est

17 minutes ago, LetswaveaBook said:

I would say it is entirely the opposite.

With 9 m/s they are slow as any melee infantry unit (though pikes are even slower).Their attack is multiplied by 1.2^2=1,44. With 10.5 damage per second their attack damage is still lower than that of skirmishers. Their durability is multiplied by 1.25^2/0.9^2=1.92 and that makes them fairly durable. 

Dang, I guess I haven't played with them in a while. I don't know why I remembered them as fast.

• 2 weeks later...

About archers targeting other ranged units, I'd like them to normally target the nearest unit, but when you tell them to attack a unit, they should go on to attack other units near that one after they kill it.

Meat shield infantry and range dps should continue to be major roles, but I'd like more diversity among units, so there would be more other roles, different ones specialized in different ways. Pikemen could be a more specialized melee fighter, weaker in pierce armor, swordmen stronger in pierce armor than melee, a range unit or two should be more armored instead of only differing in attack and range; the elephant archer of course, but I think the skirmisher (peltast) should be too. There should be a couple melee units that have high attack and less armor, like the axe and mace men Kush has, and a cavalry.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 06/11/2022 at 9:31 AM, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

I think it would be nice to develop formations more, so that the Skiritai can be fast swordsmen in general, but can switch to hard meat shield wielding spears in phalanx/locked shields formation. 

You have to do a brainstorm to improve that and the battalions.

On 18/11/2022 at 11:10 AM, Adeimantos said:

About archers targeting other ranged units, I'd like them to normally target the nearest unit, but when you tell them to attack a unit, they should go on to attack other units near that one after they kill it.

Meat shield infantry and range dps should continue to be major roles, but I'd like more diversity among units, so there would be more other roles, different ones specialized in different ways. Pikemen could be a more specialized melee fighter, weaker in pierce armor, swordmen stronger in pierce armor than melee, a range unit or two should be more armored instead of only differing in attack and range; the elephant archer of course, but I think the skirmisher (peltast) should be too. There should be a couple melee units that have high attack and less armor, like the axe and mace men Kush has, and a cavalry.

the game lacks a lot of defining roles.