Cannot host game. Failed to start a server.

Pemulis

Since yesterday this is the message shown if I try to host a game. Never had such problem before.

If it can help, the problem appeared out of nothing yesterday among another one:

-every time I enter the game, my settings are reverted (game settings and enabled mod) and also I have to write again username/password

I play on OS, and all such things came out with no reason yesterday evening. What can I do to resolve the situation?

2 hours ago, Pemulis said:

I play on OS, and all such things came out with no reason yesterday evening. What can I do to resolve the situation?

Every device runs on an OS. Do you mean Mac OS?

My guess would be that your OS or antivir got an update and it changed it so 0AD doesn't have the rights to write in the directory anymore. Maybe you could check that and give the game the necessary rights.

@Stan`

Thanks for the reply @Gurken Khan
Yes I meant Mac OS.

I didn't get any update yesterday. I know how to give permissions to the users, but not to the apps. How can I do that on Mac? I tried so search for guides on the internet but I only found the guide for changing the permissions of the users.

However now the data of my profile and the settings remain saved (after I erased a bunch of file to have more free space), but the hosting problem is always there.

Schermata 2022-03-30 alle 14.53.40.png

• 1 year later...

got same error and was able to solve by your tips. ty.

what i did before:

1. testing/developing in a mod
  2. login in to to lobby mayb 40 times created many games -> not needed. i could test it if i start local team-game also. its better for my test.

this errors happen:

what not helped:

1. disable all extra mods
  2. change ip address

yes reboot helped (linux ubuntu)

later this day i need reboot PC with every test (if lobby for test is needed). => if i have fixed this last error :D i will be good enough for today.

Edited by seeh

update: at next morning it was ok again. so: sleep + wake up + try = solved or so

i have this message again:

"Cannot host game. Failed to start a server."

and got before: "... hasn't got a known issuer." (This time a reboot helps not)

Screenshot_20230528_013212.jpg.38136bb5ed1dde81a0f2acd5da533574.jpg

Edited by seeh