Hello hello!

Hello, all!

I'm glad to be a part of this community. . . seeing as it's customary for new members to introduce themselves, here's a little bit about myself. My name is Eugene Chen and I'm currently a university student in the United States. I'm interested in everything from politics to technology, with my favorite author being Tolkien, my favorite means of procrastination as watching anime, my favorite music being from the classical and romantic eras, and my favorite film being Amadeus.

Hope to see you all around the forums!

....from Kenshin right ? your nick ?

Welcome :)

Thanks for the welcome!

To answer your question, the Shinsengumi do indeed appear in Rurouni Kenshin, Peacemaker Kurogane, and other anime series, but they are first and foremost one of the most intriguing historical factions active during one of the most interesting periods of history, and it's that fact that has compelled me to take the name they came to be known as as a handle and nickname in games and on forums.

For those unclear as to who the Shinsengumi were, they were a group of ronin established in Edo (present-day Tokyo) during the waning days of the Tokugawa era to guard the Shogun during a trip to the Imperial capital at Kyoto, but who ended up staying in Kyoto as something of a police force sponsored by Matsudaira Katamori, Lord of Aizu and Military Administrator appointed by the Bakufu. In Kyoto, which became a gathering place for many young politically-minded samurai and ronin of the era, they worked to keep the peace in often bloody confrontations in which they earned their fame and are remembered to this day as heroes and patriots, though they were ultimately on the losing side.

Welcome aboard Eugene. :) By the way, how old are you?

A ripe old twenty.