Official 0 AD Clans?

Historicity

I began to notice on certain member's name tags, that you guys belong to factions. I've only witnessed two so far:

The Roma Victor Faction (on Paul's sig).

The Hellenes Liberation Faction (on Mytho's sig).

Are these official 0 AD Clans?

If so, hwo do members from the forums join them?

Do you have to be a member of the Staff to be a part of the Faction?

And I also noticed that there are only 2... am I missing more?

Thanks!

B)

I believe that if these factions are made into clans, than that will really draw up some civilizational wars. ;) Like having peace, alliances, enemies for MPlayer, etc. BTW, will 0 AD be host to it's own server like IRC or anything? So peeps can create games (like in GS) or something, I dunno. B) And than maybe TLA could use the same thing?

It's almost required for an RTS to have free online servers, nowadays. I'd donate if I had money.

Is there anyway that a system could be implemented in which people could act as servers accesible through a website? Like in Battlefield 1942. There's a program that allows you to be a dedicated server on the game. I dunno if that's feasible.

Phoenix Clan IS an 'official' 0ad clan... to the extent that is possible to be at the moment, and has been since it's inception in August of 2003.

What do I mean by to the extent that it is possible to be?

Well, we maintain our own 0ad forum known as the 0ad Centre AND a webpage known as the 0ad Province... although not much is posted there currently as disemination of the News of the game's development is now in the hands of the 0ad PR Department and the 0ad Website 'tells it all' with regard to that. However, you can rest assured that when the time comes to do beta testing and such that Phoenix Clan members will be participating in that, and so forth as things continue on.

In the meantime, Phoenix members continue to be involved in playing a range of games, and in general being a great online 'family' of freinds who treat each other with respect and have a good time, and joining is as easy as following the rules of good behavior online.

Phoenix Clan is located at=> www.phoenixclan.biz

If you go there, you might take a 'stroll' through "Members"... and it may surprise you to find out just who are some of those wearing the Phoenix- prefix name tag on their names. B)

Tonto Clan at=> www.tontoclan.com is another clan that wants to be a participating official 0ad gaming clan. ;) Tonto Clan also has or has had some people on staff here at WFG. (The Tonto Clan has been 'reorganised' since I was actively in it, but that's not to say that is bad.)

BTW, I don't wear my clan tag in my sig here because normally when I am here I am "all business" wrt the development of this game... so haven;t considered it to be 'appropriate'. OMMV. ;)

Cheers,

Ken Wood aka Phoenix-TheRealDeal, Propraetor of Phoenix Clan (co-founder--Aug 2003, and former Co-Consul) aka tonto_real (Patriarch and co-founder--Mar 2000, and first-former Emperor of the old-original Tonto Clan).

• 2 weeks later...