I've never seen a game so heavy to run.

Abuz

At 200 population 2 vs 2, even with the graphics turned down to maximum the game jerks to death.  
The fluidity is ruined. Formations hesitate to fight their way through, often react badly to the enemy.

It's super annoying. No ease, no fun.
A good old stronghold from the 2000s works much better. Too bad, it was tempting. Disappointed.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Player of 0AD said:

Are you running applications in the background?

Maybe the developers should focus on better performance instead of changing the game-play all the time

Maybe you should talk about things you know instead of assuming that developers all have the same job.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Abuz said:

At 200 population 2 vs 2, even with the graphics turned down to maximum the game jerks to death.  
The fluidity is ruined. Formations hesitate to fight their way through, often react badly to the enemy.

A good old stronghold from the 2000s works much better. Too bad, it was tempting. Disappointed.

Also if you are playing on a laptop it might be using the wrong GPU. Should be better with A26. In the meantime you can force it in the NVIDIA/AMD control panel.

Hello everyone,

No I don't have any applications in the background.
I don't play online but against AI so it must not be a network problem.
It's not a laptop. I'm on a real desktop PC with :

Windows 7
icore 7
12 GB RAM
Passive Graphics Card Palit GeForce GTX 1650 KalmX 4GB GDDR5
2 x SSD RAID 0

All other games work very well:
- Xonotic (60 fps)
- Call of the wild is ok (42fps)
- All stronghold works very very well.
- Steel division 2 doesn't seem to be a problem for me although i have not played it too much.
- SC2 with 8 players is very smooth...   

No, I don't understand the problem with A0D... Happy for you otherwise.

Edited by Abuz

Please understand:

• There are games with actual gigantic budgets that don't perform as well as 0ad.
  • Developers work hard on lag and performance issues, but they are not easy tasks.
  • Some maps have more lag than others. When units try to path through overlapping Baobab trees it causes a lot of lag. I think the least laggy map is mainland with subalpine biome.
  • Also, if you are on multiplayer some lag can be from players with bad connections.

I hope you can manage the lag and continue to consider the game.

When you say it's jerky do you have 10 FPS or 40 FPS?

I know I start at 200 something and it goes lower and I have a laptop with a 1070.

A few things you can do to help us pinpoint the issue.

Press F11 when the game lags and take a screenshot (F2) (they are stored in my documents)

Press Shift + F11 when the game lags and upload the profile.txt file

https://trac.wildfiregames.com/wiki/GameDataPaths

You might also upload userreport_hwdetect.txt and system_info.txt from that folder.

Any help is appreciated.

10 hours ago, Abuz said:

ehh pretty sure New World is much heavier

iirc i can host a lagless 200pop limit 4v4 so your pc is bad or have thins running on. or both

(i recently got a new pc but i remember this was the case for my old laptop too)

7 hours ago, Player of 0AD said:

Maybe the developers should focus on better performance instead of changing the game-play all the time

ehh if gameplay wont change then this game has small chances at keeping players for long (other than few exceptions)

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Player of 0AD said:

They are different developers, bruv. @vladislavbelov submits new performance patches regularly, while @Freagarach's interests and talents lie in features.

16 hours ago, Stan` said:

Maybe you should talk about things you know instead of assuming that developers all have the same job

performance issues are in fact killing the game play. Also if hardware specifications are not good enough for advanced graphics 0AD should not allow users to turn that settings on or a really annoying warning message so that they will turn it off themselves, This could help other players in Team games because someone told me that game run as fast as the slowest hardware in play.

Edited by leopard
  • Like 2

I used to play Commandoes when I was 12. I really loved playing that game and had played all of its parts. Ever since I have grown up I have been looking everywhere in search of commandos without any luck. But, now I have found a better version of commandos in wildfire games and cannot wait for another second to play it. Cannot thank you enough. 

Edited by ronwis0122
  • Like 2