Me and this Santa guy

Meh, that's only someone dressed in the traditional clothes of Santa. Everyone (who's not a little kid) knows Santa was a creation of the capitalist powers in order to aid their efforts to profit from the commercialization of the Christmas holiday.

You think too much about nothing...

Meh, that's only someone dressed in the traditional clothes of Santa. Everyone (who's not a little kid) knows Santa was a creation of the capitalist powers in order to aid their efforts to profit from the commercialization of the Christmas holiday.

Based on Sinterklaas, which you can only find in The Netherlands and Belguim (at least I think) I think.

And even in Belgium only a part knows or celebrates Sinterklaas. In West-Flanders for example they don't, they celebrate Sint Maarten (as originally in a large part of Flanders).

Sinterklaas = Saint Nicolas, so it easily translates to Santaclaus. But Santaclaus is also based on a Germanic god (can't remember which one exactly).

So we feast Sinterklaas first, and after it Santaclaus in the Christmas period. Sinterklaas is for the children. He has a book in which he writes which kid has been naughty or kind. The naughty kids get 'punished' by Sinterklaas' servant, Black Pete (Zwarte Piet in Dutch, someone with a black skin in 16th-century clothes). The good children get a present (well in reality they all get a present B)).

In French, that annoying servant is called "Père Fouettard". But here, in Quebec, we lost the Père Fouettard tradition from the beginning. We only had the "Père Noël", and the punition was to have nothing on Christmas (or, it is said, a potato rather than an orange)

Black Pete (Zwarte Piet in Dutch, someone with a black skin in 16th-century clothes).

I have a funny story about Black Pete :( I had to fortune to attend a Dutch preschool in Canada (don't ask why I was there, ask my parents, I'm not Dutch BTW, had something to do with location I believe) when I was about 3 years old. At Christmas they had St. Klaas and Black Pete show up during the annual parent's dinner/talent show thingy. All of us were sitting on stage after doing some stupid songs and games for the assembled multitudes (it seemed like many hundreds, but was probably only about 150 people LOL). I got one look at this freaky "thing" coming at me that I ran off the stage to my parents. Unfortunately my dad was video-taping at the time and my humiliation is now preserved for posterity :(

I did get back up there and had a few words from the big guy (can't remember what exactly, but mostly inane things we say to young kids) and then I got my gift (candy and maybe something else, I think) from Black Pete, who I discovered is a CROSS-DRESSER!!! :D LOL I was aware that they were just actors, but a 15 year-old girl in black paint and funny clothes is enough to freak out any 3 year old :(

Unfortunately my dad was video-taping at the time and my humiliation is now preserved for posterity :D

Not really. All you have to do is find that tape and cast it into the Fires of Mt. Doom. Should a volcano not be within your general area, you may be able to mearly dispose of it in a trash can which your parents will likely not check until it's too late. :(

Maybe because he really is a fabrication created by European peoples. If he did indeed exist, he's bound to use ice-cold water from the North Pole for water ballon ammo, or so I project. Bottom-line, tis not worth it.

Randy, please move in with me and always talk like that....