Linux version

Brent

I know it isn't on the planninglist, but would a linux version be possible? I suppose you could contact some linux devvers to facilitate the Linux version.

I'd really like it and you would have a first of a real RTS under linux.

BTW, when is the game expected to be available for us?

Actually, (if you read the FAQ :D ), we will have a Linux port and it will work on multiplayer and everything else perfectly fine. (i.e., it will have the same features as the Windoze one.) If we don't, I'll be angry. B)

I don't think we know when it wil be released yet. (Now, watch me be wrong. B))

Welcome to WFG! (You should introduce yourself i the introductions thing.)

BTW, it's a DOS prompt B) (OK Windows mimics it, but it is DOS).

Not often you see a B:\> prompt nowadays unless you are working with really old hardware. I don't think I've seen one, personally. :D

Of course, A:\> and C:\> are much more common. I still find myself booting to DOS once in a while for troubleshooting reasons. B)

[/geek]

You know, this'll be the first RTS available for Linux. Yes there's some small grayscale space RTS'es, but none of them can (graphically) compete with games like AoK or RoN.

This game could be world famous when it comes out. You're going to win the race, and it's even free! Man, this is great! Too bad I'll have to wait for summer 2k6, but it's a small price I guess.

Not often you see a B:\> prompt nowadays unless you are working with really old hardware. I don't think I've seen one, personally. :D

[/geek]

Hmm, I saw one just three days ago B) The thing is, that many recent boot-CDs use ramdrives, which they (for - to me - unknown reasons) mostly put on A:, and if you want to access the floppy drive during using such a CD, you have to use B: (since DOS can use both A: and B: for accessing the floppy drive if you have only one FDD) B)

• 3 weeks later...

A B:

A - http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=a

B: - the drive

You can access the floppy from B:?

Weird.... doesn't work here.

I'll never understand why M$ choose the lettered drives.

/mnt/floppy/ is a lot easier to understand.

And doesn't the CD-ROM drive letter change with the number of partitions you have? I remember reading that it's always after the last partition on the hdd. Quite silly because if you add a new partition it all gets screwed up. /mnt/cdrom/ is a lot more constant.

/mnt/floppy/ is a lot easier to understand.
It doesn't seem any easier to me, and it's quite a bit slower to type (even as /m<tab>f<tab>) ;)
And doesn't the CD-ROM drive letter change with the number of partitions you have?
I don't think that has happened on anything more recent than Win98 (though Win98 also messes up drive letters when you added a new hard disk, since it insists on putting the second disk's first partition on D). I currently have one disk on drives C to H, virtual CD on I, DVD on J, and a second disk on K and N-P, with network drives on L and M (when I'm connected to my network at home). And sometimes a zip drive on Z. And I find it far easier to organise files on this computer than on my 2x2GB (disk, not RAM) Linux machine...