Have you ever met a celebrity?

I saw Bill Clinton climb into Air Force 1 when he stopped in Vancouver one time ;) I was like 900 feet away, but I could see him climb up, turn around and wave, silhouetted by the sunset, pretty cool for a 7 year old.

What was even sweeter was seeing both the new 747 AF1 and the old 707 AF1 at the same time! :P The 707 was the same one that took Kennedy to Dallas and Johnson was sworn into office aboard. As far as airplanes go, that's major celebrity :P Plus I saw the Wright Flyer, Spirit of St. Louis, and the X-1 :P

The only celebrites I've met are religeous celebrities. ;)

We've been to each of these people's churches:

Doug Philips, Norm Wakefield, (where I'm sound system guy) and Little Bear Wheeler. But those are only local. :P

Edit: Another one is Nathanael Barbettini who got the honor of the last performer at our Chrismas recital. :P Congrats Brother!

Yeah don't really care too :P

I've met many Flemish celebreties. Each year in Antwerp there's a book festival, so you see many famous Dutch and Flemish authors, journalists and politicians.

I also used to do judo (that Japanese fighting sport). Flanders has had the best judocas in the world for quite a while (several Olympic gold medals), so I've met a few of them. I even fought once with Harry van Barneveld who had an Olympic bronze medal and who was European champion ;)

(:P

for soccer fans, I saw Marc Overmars (go Netherlands :P ) in December 1999 ... he was shooting an advert for Peugeot ...

then, I met several French actors and directors, which 99.9% of you in here have never heard of ...

aside from that, I checked in at the airport with Oliver Stone years and years ago (1997) ...

Hmmm. I have had a conversation with Dan Quayle when he was Vice President- that really about it.

For all you gamers out there, had a 1 on 1 chat with Bruce Shelley of Ensemble Studios (Lead Designer - Age of Empire, Mythology series) which was really cool simply since he was one of those guys you have always played games of his and it was great to actually meet him in person. Met the team at Id, met allot of the guys from Far Cry at a conference in Europe... Mmmm, had a conversation with Rick Goodman (CEO / Stainless Steel Studios) and Marc Adler (Exec Producer for CGI coming in 2005 "Delgo").

Let's see. When I was in London a few years back it happened to be the premiere of the movie "Tomb Raider" and I was walking by the cinema where it was opening and happened to see all of the commotion. I got to the front of the crowd and was able to shake Angelina Jolie's hand, and I took a picture as she was headed towards my side (attached)

I met Ralph Nader at a campaign rally for his presidency just this past October and he had a lot of very interesting things to say. (Some of you might know my stance on the two-party political dualopoly that Nader likes to talk about)

I met John Cleese of Monty Python as he is a visiting Professor at my university (he teaches an improvised comedy course), and he gave a speech in October while watching the Life of Brian with the audience. It was quite cool. Later that night he came to my residence hall (which inicidently is a ridiculous and awesome creative arts program house) and while watching the movie "A Fish Called Wanda", talked to residents of my hall.

This summer I was in NYC for this awards ceremony I had to attend and some of the guest speakers were Edie Falco (from The Sopranos) and Russell Simmons (Rap Mogul), who talked with some of the honorees at the event.

This is not as famous I imagine, unless you are up on professional baseball, but a player of my local team, Jim Thome, of the Cleveland indians lives in a development close to my childhood home. You used to see him driving his Humvee to the local grocery store.

Just on a side note (this has nothing to do with me, but it's kind of cool). My father was a weight-trainer in a gym, very much into bodybuilding when he was younger, and he actually got to sit and talk to the would-be governator, Arnold Schwarzenegger in his Limo, when he was still a bodybuilder making a name for himself, not a Republican politician, a movie star, or anything else B)