How to add gaia buildings to randomly generated maps.

With the introduction of A23 feature have been cut and the mercenary change probably affected your boom significantly. I was thinking about adding some features to make exploration and map control more important.

1. Corrals have the option to train cattle for free, but with increased train time.

Since it requires no food to train cattle, having a corral is an strict advantage, whereas currently it is only an advantage if you consider it worthwhile to spend food on training cattle.

2. Create a map that has gaia corrals that can be captured. 

3. Disable territory decay such that captured corrals in neutral territory don't decay.

Steps 1&3 were easy. I would like if someone could give me the code to achieve step 2.

The polar sea map gives an example on how to add owned buildings. I also was able to change the radius such that the corral is placed outside your territory, but it is still owned. However I don't know any good code to add randomly generated gaia corrals to the map. It would be desirable if these randomly generated corrals don't spawn near or very close to your territory. I also made a mod that shows progress I made with making a map. 

foodmod.zip

• Like 3

Adding a corral is just like adding any other entity, trees are entities, buildings are entities, animals are entities. So in your case, you need to add the entity corrals where you want in the map. If you want the corrals to be placed more o less randomly, see how the other maps (e.g. mainland.js) place gaia animals like sheep and deer and do the same but with the corrals. 

Edited by nani
  • Like 1