Axemen are too weak.

I think that macemen are little walking rams, and that's stupid but is a somehow sensible role. before changing units' stats one should decide why we need them and what role should they fill.

I do not think we need to give any more power to units against buildings, the game favours aggression more than enough already.

@Stan` please move these last three posts to a now thread.

17 hours ago, Player of 0AD said:

Axemen are too weak. Their slight advantage against buildings doesnt compensate that they are weaker against units than sword units. (They are even weaker against siege weapons)

Macemen are too weak against soldiers.

Since when did @Player of 0AD believe that anything should be changed?

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 18/01/2022 at 5:08 PM, LetswaveaBook said:

@Player of 0AD I think units have to much crush armor.

I agree. This is what makes macemen and catapults less useful than they should be.

At the other hand the crush armor makes elephants less OP than they would be if the crush armor would be lower.  So maybe add some hack damage to macemen and make catapults more accurate.

On 18/01/2022 at 8:32 PM, chrstgtr said:

Since when did @Player of 0AD believe that anything should be changed?

Some small stat changes can actually be helpful

Edited by Player of 0AD
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Player of 0AD said:

I agree. This is what makes macemen and catapults less useful than they should be.

At the other hand the crush armor makes elephants less OP than they would be if the crush armor would be lower.

Weaker crush armor does not make elephants stronger if you simultaneously lower their crush attack.