Mayas Protoclassic

Lopess

a good read.

Check this fragment

"In June, in the fading sunlight of a Chiapas afternoon, Mr. Gomez showed Dr. Scherer around the off-site facility in which the most treasured relics were stored. He pointed out tools, clay pots, sling stones, grinding stones, a stucco jaguar head. When he brought forth a handsomely carved flint spear point, Dr. Scherer beamed with familiarity"

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2022/09/13/science/archaeology-mayan-mexico.amp.html

Other about clothes.

https://www.archaeology.org/issues/387-2007/features/maya-clothing

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Stan` said:

What do you mean won't register ? Where do you get it from ?

Ah, I should've used better wording my bad. I mean it doesn't appear in available mods whatsoever when its downloaded.

From Github: 

https://github.com/0ADMods/official_mayas_protoclassic 

https://github.com/0ADMods/lusitanians

Edited by CovenantKillerJ
  • Like 1

On 24/12/2022 at 10:01 PM, CovenantKillerJ said:

For some reason the fixed version won't register in the mod folder, i've observed this with other recently updated mods as well like the Lusitanians. Is that another bug or an update to A27?

Good morning or afternoon;

-¿Do you like the Lusitanians mod?

Sorry for the inconveniences*

6 hours ago, Duileoga said:

-¿Do you like the Lusitanians mod?

Yeah! I think the Iberians needed a related faction to balance out the gauls and britons. I've been trying to understand the differences between the iberians and Lusitanians; I believe the Lusitanians are pre Indo-European, whilst the Iberians are Proto Indo-European?

Edited by CovenantKillerJ
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, CovenantKillerJ said:

Yeah! I think the Iberians needed a related faction to balance out the gauls and britons. I've been trying to understand the differences between the iberians and Lusitanians; I believe the Lusitanians are pre Indo-European, whilst the Iberians are Proto Indo-European?

-The lusitanians are Indo-european Pre-celtic ( like the Vetonians ) and mixted them with the locals peoples and created the "Cultura Castreña" . The iberians was docen of tribes native of the east of the Iberian Peninsula ( not indo-european).

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Duileoga said:

-The lusitanians are Indo-european Pre-celtic ( like the Vetonians ) and mixted them with the locals peoples and created the "Cultura Castreña" . The iberians was docen of tribes native of the east of the Iberian Peninsula ( not indo-european).

I understand it better now, thank you!

• Like 1

On 08/01/2023 at 5:00 PM, lukamas said:

How come most of the animals are not in the github repo for this mod? I was really hoping to use them in maps.

-¿Do you like my animals models? I can send you them (blender format)

On 04/09/2022 at 12:52 PM, lukamas said:

South China Tiger and Bactrian Camel are finished as the first chinese indigenous animals!

Wild Bactrian Camels can be found in Northwestern China, so that is useful for me when adding it in.

image.thumb.png.2113d6771b0f5c2f9a44513e121f7d1a.png

On 04/09/2022 at 8:46 PM, lukamas said:

Another iconic Chinese mammal you cannot have China without, the Giant Panda! 

This adorable bear is entirely custom animated and I put alot of work into making the animations, so here is the animal symbol of China!

Also I used a CC-BY-2.0 image for the texture if that is alright, it is Share-Alike so I kept to that license.

image.thumb.png.3c1992033d45613420b1a9cbda77f3dd.png

-I like those animals :)

-¿Do you now how to make the animations ? 

-¿If i send you the models , could you animated them?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I made a small summary with the help of the ai.

During the Formative Maya period, which extended from around 1500 B.C. to 250 B.C., Maya communities began to settle in the Mesoamerican region. During this time, sustainable agriculture developed, allowing the cultivation of corn, beans and squash. Small villages and towns were also established, and stone and mud architecture began to be built.

The Formative period also saw the establishment of the foundations of Maya religion and mythology, as well as the early use of writing and the calendar. The first monuments carved in stone also date from this period.

After the Formative period, the Classic Maya period began, which extended from around 250 BC to 1 BC. During this time, the Maya built great cities and monuments in the Mesoamerican region, and there was a great flourishing of architecture, writing, art, and mathematical and astronomical sciences. A centralized system of government also developed, with city-states that governed themselves but often came into military conflict with each other.

Edited by Lion.Kanzen

• 2 weeks later...