Mayas Protoclassic

Lopess

7 hours ago, Lopess said:

Some building models only map editor. The Lencas are really at the embassy, and the Huun Balam will be fixed (that was funny)

The Lencas archers appear just fine, but the embassy spearman seems to be the normal maya one (same resource requirements and everything), instead of the lenca spearman. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, CovenantKillerJ said:

What's the inspiration for this hat?

Capture.PNG

Buenos días o tardes;

-¿No le gustó?

Referencia ;

753196806_referenciaMujermaya.thumb.png.19f3912f9e10e9deee5d059652ffe386.png1536989383_referenciamujermaya2.png.7db76ca7a3815a3276616a9a63cd3edd.png1182671680_turbantesfemeninosmayas.png.3bff0d9bf8c5faf2ca9d98de58d5c0d8.png1897151350_mujerespelodanielparadasobreSBartolo.png.c184cabd4c1a751614343db8b0640a5f.png

-Es una mezcla entre los elementos del Mural de San Bartolo (100a.C-preclásico )y, del dibujante ; "Daniel Parada"  él se inspiró en varios dibujos y reconstrucciones de entorno a esa época (preclásico tardío y clásico temprano 100a.C-200d.C)

Disculpe las molestias*

• Like 2

19 hours ago, CovenantKillerJ said:

Oh yeah, what happened to the civic centre variations? Alot of other variations for other structures have disappeared as well

Buenos día o tardes;

-Estuvimos hablando hace tiempo y @wowgetoffyourcellphone sugirió que hubiera dos mods , uno al estilo de 0.A.D (con sus patrones y esquemas) y otro "Extendido " con todas las unidades , edificios , diversidad y variaciones de edificios , tecnologías especiales etc... que @Lopess y yo hicismos originalmente.

Disculpe las molestias*

3 hours ago, Duileoga said:

Buenos días o tardes;

-¿No le gustó?

Referencia ;

753196806_referenciaMujermaya.thumb.png.19f3912f9e10e9deee5d059652ffe386.png1536989383_referenciamujermaya2.png.7db76ca7a3815a3276616a9a63cd3edd.png1182671680_turbantesfemeninosmayas.png.3bff0d9bf8c5faf2ca9d98de58d5c0d8.png1897151350_mujerespelodanielparadasobreSBartolo.png.c184cabd4c1a751614343db8b0640a5f.png

-Es una mezcla entre los elementos del Mural de San Bartolo (100a.C-preclásico )y, del dibujante ; "Daniel Parada"  él se inspiró en varios dibujos y reconstrucciones de entorno a esa época (preclásico tardío y clásico temprano 100a.C-200d.C)

Disculpe las molestias*

En todo caso debe mejorar.

premio-nobel-paz-mujeres.jpg

Headdress__Maya__Aguacatan__mid_to_late_20th_century__cotton_-_Textile_Museum_of_Canada_-_DSC01165_v_1517537222.jpg

poco-chica-guatemalteco.webp

Edited by Lion.Kanzen
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Duileoga said:

Buenos día o tardes;

-Estuvimos hablando hace tiempo y @wowgetoffyourcellphone sugirió que hubiera dos mods , uno al estilo de 0.A.D (con sus patrones y esquemas) y otro "Extendido " con todas las unidades , edificios , diversidad y variaciones de edificios , tecnologías especiales etc... que @Lopess y yo hicismos originalmente.

I think this is a good idea. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Duileoga said:

Buenos días o tardes;

-¿No le gustó?

Referencia ;

Disculpe las molestias*

At first I didn't (It kept reminding me of a pirate bandana for some reason and struggled to get the image out my head!) but now that I understand the historical context I feel I can better appreciate it now!

I am also still very new to ancient maya fashion as a whole since I'm used to seeing them portrayed as something stereotypical in mainstream media, so its very interesting to ask and learn about their real sense of clothing!

Edited by CovenantKillerJ
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Duileoga said:

Buenos día o tardes;

Disculpe las molestias*

Interesting... I like the idea of the 'extended' mod!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Ya que en esto estamos...

Note that the Mayan women did not cover themselves much.

As I said with the Amazon women, they should be very exposed with the exception of dresses and tunics.gettyimages-1318728733-612x612.jpg.9e0fca34ea15bf7877a1e9e47092f7e2.jpg

gettyimages-152194407-612x612.jpg

It's incredible how the Maya's ancient fashion still has trickled into their modern fashion even with colonial influence! (Addressing your first 2 posts). 

Regarding this post, I'm not sure whether this your saying that they need to be more exposed in game, or whether as a general informative statement. Though if we are talking about the the former, it would make sense with the Yucatan having the thickest rainforest climate compared to the rest of Mesoamerica... 

Unrelated, but I do wonder if the olmecs had much of an influence on maya fashion in general, or if it was mostly self-developed. Sadly not enough information on the Olmecs to know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CovenantKillerJ said:

It's incredible how the Maya's ancient fashion still has trickled into their modern fashion even with colonial influence! (Addressing your first 2 posts). 

Regarding this post, I'm not sure whether this your saying that they need to be more exposed in game, or whether as a general informative statement. Though if we are talking about the the former, it would make sense with the Yucatan having the thickest rainforest climate compared to the rest of Mesoamerica... 

Unrelated, but I do wonder if the olmecs had much of an influence on maya fashion in general, or if it was mostly self-developed. Sadly not enough information on the Olmecs to know.

About the relationship between the Olmecs and the Mayas during the preclassic was intense and complex, I think we will discover much more with time, an interesting case is the city: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takalik_Abaj ;

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Lopess said:

About the relationship between the Olmecs and the Mayas during the preclassic was intense and complex, I think we will discover much more with time, an interesting case is the city: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Takalik_Abaj ;

I like how this is represented with the embassy. Personally I thought that I wouldn't ever see the Olmecs in 0 A.D; I did hope though despite the lack of material to make a full fledged playable civ. I'm glad they exist in this mod!

Found new error:

ERROR: Failed to find matching prop point called "garrisoned" in model "art/meshes/structural/maya_protoclassic/palacio.dae" for actor "structures/maya_protoclassic/palacio.xml255"

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CovenantKillerJ said:

I like how this is represented with the embassy. Personally I thought that I wouldn't ever see the Olmecs in 0 A.D; I did hope though despite the lack of material to make a full fledged playable civ. I'm glad they exist in this mod!

Found new error:

ERROR: Failed to find matching prop point called "garrisoned" in model "art/meshes/structural/maya_protoclassic/palacio.dae" for actor "structures/maya_protoclassic/palacio.xml255"

Good mornign or afternoon ;

-Thanks for testing the mod :),

¿What do you think is the best and the worst/bad of the mod ?

-¿Have you got sugestions or critics/críticas?

Sorry for the inconveniences*

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Duileoga said:

Good mornign or afternoon ;

-Thanks for testing the mod :),

¿What do you think is the best and the worst/bad of the mod ?

-¿Have you got sugestions or critics/críticas?

Sorry for the inconveniences*

Some things I like: 

* Fire javelins and incendiary very fun to use, good alternative to rams.

* Love how the structures and units look, one of the most bright civs i've played. 

* The maya feel very spammable, almost unstoppable in large numbers (though probably should be balanced in some regard, i'm no expert on that. Ask @Lion.Kanzen about balancing).

* I like the unique research the maya have.

Criticism/suggestions 

* Another exclusive unique unit i.e. the maya bee bomb could be interesting

* Personally I think Sajaloob and Aj Payal should be merged as one unit or made to have different stats, as they are exactly the same. Other units should be made to have different stats or merged to make them more viable.

* I think all of the content that isn't in the mod currently from past pages of the forum would be good to add either in the current mod or the 'extended' version (unless that's already planned)

* Always felt strange how the ballcourt champions are classed/based on cavalry. Personally I think they should just be infantry class but very fast as another all infantry civ alongside zapotecs. I like the idea of them becoming cavalry in captured non americas stables 

Those are just my thoughts. I'll probably add more as time goes on. Feel free to use what you want from them :)

• Like 2

Found some more bugs: 

ERROR: Failed to find matching prop point called "garrisoned" in model "art/meshes/structural/maya_protoclassic/ball_1.dae" for actor "structures/maya_protoclassic/ball.xml255"

WARNING: PlayerID 1 | Petra problem ent without base

WARNING: PlayerID 1 | >>> id 16314 name Javalineer warrior pos 844.7712097167969,986.2793731689453 state INDIVIDUAL.IDLE

WARNING: PlayerID 1 | base undefined >>> role worker subrole builder

WARNING: PlayerID 1 | owner 1 health 50 healthMax 50 foundationProgress undefined

WARNING: PlayerID 1 | garrisoning undefined garrisonHolder undefined plan undefined transport undefined

WARNING: PlayerID 1 | stance aggressive transporter undefined gather-type metal target-foundation 16612 PartOfArmy undefined

WARNING: PlayerID 1 | >>> id 16328 name Incendiary warrior pos 850.1861724853516,997.4761047363281 state INDIVIDUAL.IDLE

WARNING: PlayerID 1 | owner 1 health 150 healthMax 150 foundationProgress undefined

WARNING: PlayerID 1 | garrisoning undefined garrisonHolder undefined plan undefined transport undefined

WARNING: PlayerID 1 | stance aggressive transporter undefined gather-type metal target-foundation 16612 PartOfArmy undefined

WARNING: PlayerID 1 | >>> id 16370 name Maceman Warrior pos 855.4802703857422,1000.8009948730469 state INDIVIDUAL.IDLE

WARNING: PlayerID 1 | owner 1 health 100 healthMax 100 foundationProgress undefined

Some of the research is bugged, even when meeting town/city phase

screenshot0006.png

screenshot0004.png

screenshot0005.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 29/10/2022 at 9:00 AM, CovenantKillerJ said:

Some things I like: 

* Fire javelins and incendiary very fun to use, good alternative to rams.

* Love how the structures and units look, one of the most bright civs i've played. 

* The maya feel very spammable, almost unstoppable in large numbers (though probably should be balanced in some regard, i'm no expert on that. Ask @Lion.Kanzen about balancing).

* I like the unique research the maya have.

Criticism/suggestions 

* Personally I think Sajaloob and Aj Payal should be merged as one unit or made to have different stats, as they are exactly the same. Other units should be made to have different stats or merged to make them more viable.

* I think all of the content that isn't in the mod currently from past pages of the forum would be good to add either in the current mod or the 'extended' version (unless that's already planned)

* Always felt strange how the ballcourt champions are classed/based on cavalry. Personally I think they should just be infantry class but very fast as another all infantry civ alongside zapotecs. I like the idea of them becoming cavalry in captured non americas stables 

Those are just my thoughts. I'll probably add more as time goes on. Feel free to use what you want from them :)

I like how Duileoga and Lopess chose the protoclassic period, as 0 A.D. straddles between 500 B.C.E (Empires Ascendant) and 500 C.E. (later planned civs for that time period) meaning the maya can face civs from both time periods which you can make a few somewhat logical alt history fantasy scenarios with

• Like 3

I do look forward to the maya jungle biome being fixed so we can use it for randomly generated maps like unknown. 

In the meantime to justify using the indian tropic i've imagined some maya city state overdosing on caocao, getting kicked out the peninsula and deciding to sail across the pacific somehow and impossibly smashing their way through with some canoes and landing in India.

Because they are so high on caffeine they label it the 'Yucatan', and incidentally anger the Mauryas.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

-Good idea, my initial idea was this, but currently I believe that an update to towers with wasp attack would be more plausible;

-We can apply this to the traditional mod, and leave the two units separate for the extended mod.

That's our idea XD

This was mainly done for the AI to know how to use the units, they are not champions or "normal" units the orders of warriors or noble warriors are stronger and faster units because they are better equipped and training, unfortunately I don't know how to say this to AI without putting them like cavalry behind the scenes.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Lopess said:

This was mainly done for the AI to know how to use the units, they are not champions or "normal" units the orders of warriors or noble warriors are stronger and faster units because they are better equipped and training, unfortunately I don't know how to say this to AI without putting them like cavalry behind the scenes.

Kind of a good idea, actually! Just need to change the footprint shape from oval to circle. :)

• Like 2

J

3 hours ago, Lopess said:

-Good idea, my initial idea was this, but currently I believe that an update to towers with wasp attack would be more plausible;

-We can apply this to the traditional mod, and leave the two units separate for the extended mod.

That's our idea XD

Towers with wasp attack sounds even better actually, haven't seen a defensive structure with unique attack!

I look forward to what you guys have planned with the extended mod!

Now the cavalry makes sense, with it helping the ai function better. 

• Like 2