Pacers vs. Pistons/Fans Brawl

Who is to blame for the brawl at the Pistons game on the 19th?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who is to blame for the brawl at the Pistons game on the 19th?

• Pacers
    • Pistons
    • Fans
    • Lack of security
    • Other
    • What brawl?

I personally think that the fans were the most irresponsible (and stupid) people involved in the brawl last Friday (19th). Ron Artest shouldn't have gone in to the stands, sure, but it takes a pretty empty skull to throw a cup at a relatively inactive (physically) player who had just been shoved for a little foul.

Chads just not that smart....at all.

And I personally couldnt be more proud of that one guy who was the first to throw a fist at that lame fan. He deserved everything he got, and it's a shame that someone pulled him off before he could throw a few more punches. I really enjoyed the expresion on the guy's face when he knew he was getting it.

if someone for no apparent reason threw a cup of beer at you, wouldn't you be a little upset?

"Upset" is understandable, but "violent" not. Artest makes millions of dollars playing a GAME for ENTERTAINMENT and he gets so upset that he's hit with a paper cup that he feels free to charge into the stands and start swinging away (hitting someone that didn't throw the cup)? This isn't his only incident either. Thugs like him should be fired. End of story. Thug fans should be banned from the arena. End of story.

"Upset" is understandable, but "violent" not. Artest makes millions of dollars playing a GAME for ENTERTAINMENT and he gets so upset that he's hit with a paper cup that he feels free to charge into the stands and start swinging away (hitting someone that didn't throw the cup)? This isn't his only incident either. Thugs like him should be fired. End of story. Thug fans should be banned from the arena. End of story.

I agree with this one hundred percent. I voted "Other" because I think that it's both the fans' AND the players' faults that this happened. Throwing beer and other items at the players is completely unacceptable, as is losing your mind and going into a blind rage. Artest could have kept his cool, acted like a professional, and let the fan get in trouble for what he did. Instead, he did just the opposite and acted extremely immaturely and extremely unprofessionally.

In my book, both sides are equally to blame for this. Furthermore, all these complaints by Artest, the "Player's Union", and other entities that the punishments were too strict is completely baseless.

Brace yourselves, here come the lawsuits. :) (groan)

I personally Would support a rule that only allows alchoholic beverage sales during the first half of the game only or something along that order.

I would be fully in favor of this, as well -- in fact, I think that some stadiums do this already.