Enter: Sirindu

Hello ya'll. I am VERY happy to be here. When I first heard about the TLA I really was so shocked and enthralled with the idea of it, that I wanted to immediately find a way to help with its making.

So thrilled with the idea of this game I was (and am), that I am considering putting aside a lot of time to help out with the making of TLA if I am wanted. I would be REALLY happy to hear from Adam or someone who could talk to me about this.

As for my "talents" (if you could call it that, lol), I am very knowledgeable in the world of Tolkien and all things in Middle Earth.

I have some writing experience (I've written the rough drafts for a +200 page novel). I don't know how much experience you would say I have, but people have told me that I underestimate myself.

I am fascinated with the languages of Middle Earth. I am studying Hebrew which is one of the languages Tolkien drew from when creating certain forms of Elvish, especially the written characters of those languages.

And... something very important... I am very excited with the idea of this game and am dying to help in any way I can!

-------------------------

A little more about me...

I am what you might call a bit of a Tolkien "Purist", I was quite upset about some of the "liberties" they took when making the LOTR movies. But nonetheless, I still love them (PJ, crew, and movies :S).

Like I hinted at above, I love to write. I'm currently involved in a LOTR based RP here on the net. And I'm planning to write a second novel.

I have a passion for sports. Almost all of them. But I especially like Basketball, Football, and Tennis.

Video games are another hobby of mine. Otherwise, I wouldn't be here. :S

--------------------------

So I hope to get to know you all over time, and look forward to participating any way I can.

P.S. (I was serious about contacting me about a position on the TLA team)

Welcome!

This is one of the best communities you can find anywhere. You should enjoy it. Especially since you're interested in Tolkien.

You like writing? Maybe you could be a Essayist.

The application form is here.

http://www.wildfiregames.com/tla/join.html

the application isnt working currently(somebody have to put a sign on it), will notify the rest of the team about post thou :S

Welcome Sirindu!

TLA is indeed a 'purist' project. If you have writing talent or a good knowledge of Arda lore, you might want to consider applying as an essayist or consultant. If you think you might want to be a part of the project, you can email me or PM me and I can send you the application, as the app on the website is currently down.

Elen Síla!

(Note : This is my shortening of the famous welcoming expression. :S )

Yet another Tolkien fan here. :S Great. I'm trying (but lately, couldn't do much) to learn Quenya. It isn't that hard to me, because the whole process of the language is quite easy to understand, but, just don't have enough time to study :P

Welcome!

[When someone leaves, I will often say in Quenya "Nai Elen Sila" or "Elen a Sila"]

Thank you, all of you. I've learned a bit of Quenyan but I would never say I knew enough to do anything with it. Biggest hurdle for me (and the one that stopped me) in trying to learn that language was I could never find a good system for learning it. Hopefully I will find a way someday though.

I can't write in the Angerthas(sp) however. :S And that's fun.

Anyway, thank you very much av_nefardec for posting here. I hoped you would, and I will e-mail you soon to find out more about these positions of consultant and essayist.