Minecraft videos got 1 trillion views in youtube

2 hours ago, leopard said:

Minecraft videos got 1 trillion views in youtube. its a stupid game, why do people like it? I don't understand.

Minecraft is not as fun as 0AD but I still like it... just consider being an unit yourself, having to do exactly mining, farming, chopping wood, building, fighting and scouting but all on your own. Consider mobs as gaia...

I do agree that Minecraft uses less brain compared to 0AD, which is why it can have a greater player base. 

Another thing is, Minecraft is counter-intuitive so there is a huge demand for tutorial videos and survival walkthrough. Also speedrunning and DreamSMP attract audiences who just want to spec. 

Edited by Yekaterina
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, Player of 0AD said:

Maybe Minecraft doesnt lag

Depends entirely on your PC and what you are doing. Try to detonate 1000 TNT or farm 300 sheeps :D

Maybe Minecraft doesnt get ddosed

Not in singleplayer mode. But multiplayer servers might, although they have very good protection against DDOS. 

Maybe its possible in Minecraft to save and load games

Yes. 

Maybe Minecraft doesnt get changed all the time

It does. A 1.18 has been released and new cave mechanics have been introduced. Also new mobs and blocks are added to the game all the time. 1.18.1 looks very different to 1.3.1 when I first started playing :D 

15 hours ago, vladislavbelov said:

It means you have never tried to make a signal decoder or a simple calculator with red stone :)

I don't know what a signal decoder is.

The most complicated things I have done are:

• Iron farm
  • Redstone-powered farms: sugar cane, melon, etc
  • Railways with fully automatic stations
  • Auto-smelter
  • Villager trading machine
  • Mob drop farm

Having played minecraft for so many years, I have never defeated the ender dragon in survival mode, not even once! :P 

Yeah I am still cosmic nub at minecraft 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 17/12/2021 at 5:36 PM, Yekaterina said:

Depends entirely on your PC and what you are doing. Try to detonate 1000 TNT or farm 300 sheeps :D

Not in singleplayer mode. But multiplayer servers might, although they have very good protection against DDOS. 

Yes. 

It does. A 1.18 has been released and new cave mechanics have been introduced. Also new mobs and blocks are added to the game all the time. 1.18.1 looks very different to 1.3.1 when I first started playing :D 

I don't know what a signal decoder is.

• Iron farm
  • Redstone-powered farms: sugar cane, melon, etc
  • Railways with fully automatic stations
  • Auto-smelter
  • Villager trading machine
  • Mob drop farm

Having played minecraft for so many years, I have never defeated the ender dragon in survival mode, not even once! :P 

Yeah I am still cosmic nub at minecraft 

you research mine craft too much

On 17/12/2021 at 5:06 PM, Yekaterina said:

Minecraft redstone mechanics allow for digital circuits. You can build all logic gates and IIRC all kinds of flip-flops. Theoretically, you could build a CPU and a GPU that can play Minecraft within Minecraft. Maybe at 1 or so frame per day. Also, might need to remove the world border, but its possible on paper.

I have personally built a 4-bit ALU in game. This would be the calculator Vladislav mentioned.

This is already too much analysis for a block game.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/12/2021 at 10:10 PM, leopard said:

Minecraft videos got 1 trillion views in youtube. its a stupid game, why do people like it? I don't understand.

Minecraft has a few things going for it. 

When there is time for it, for example the holidays, I like to start basic survival worlds with my bro, and I find it much more relaxing than other games.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 19/12/2021 at 9:00 PM, smiley said:

Minecraft redstone mechanics allow for digital circuits. You can build all logic gates and IIRC all kinds of flip-flops. Theoretically, you could build a CPU and a GPU that can play Minecraft within Minecraft. Maybe at 1 or so frame per day. Also, might need to remove the world border, but its possible on paper.

I have personally built a 4-bit ALU in game. This would be the calculator Vladislav mentioned.

This is already too much analysis for a block game.

share !

• Like 1

No longer have the world. Although, I could probably find the circuit schema made with NI Multisim. It was originally done in an intro to digital circuits class, and I was like, hey all of these gates can be made in Minecraft, and just translated it gate by gate lol.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 15/12/2021 at 10:10 PM, leopard said:

mini militia latest version for ios

i also don't like this i don't understand that why does people like this it is a really stupid game, anyway thank you for sharing your post....

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 12/03/2024 at 8:58 PM, ElainaCarroll said:

Minecraft's massive popularity might seem baffling, but once you dive in, it's hard not to get hooked!

Let me guess: within a few days you will edit your post to include an advertising link.

Edit: yup. 2 hours ago, ElainaCarroll edited the post to include an advertising link.

Edited by Norse_Harold
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

Has a  bot name.

Thousands of accounts have a bot name, but since they haven't posted any content we don't have proof that they're bots. I think that we should have a policy that any new account that doesn't talk about 0ad immediately gets banned. At least one of these accounts with a bot name has registered, posted nothing at first, and then years later posted actual spam.

Edited by Norse_Harold

3 hours ago, Norse_Harold said:

Thousands of accounts have a bot name, but since they haven't posted any content we don't have proof that they're bots. I think that we should have a policy that any new account that doesn't talk about 0ad immediately gets banned. At least one of these accounts with a bot name has registered, posted nothing at first, and then years later posted actual spam.

It's definitely, isn't normal behavior to not talk about 0AD when you or some else is new.

There is no sense about   logging to reply  an off topic.