KateGUI: adapted autociv mod

Yekaterina

This mod is based on @nani's autociv mod, where I made some changes to the gui of the game that can help you in a heated situation:

1. A23 sound effects and amplified sound - you can hear every projectile hit and alarm.

2. All berries and fruit trees are pink - easier to spot. 

3. Trees turned into vertical sticks for visibility; no canopies so that you can see anything under them; bushes are also sticks so you can spot them before trying to build anything. 

4. Chickens have been replaced with blue peacocks

5. Metal are now bright yellow and shiny - easy to see and be distinguished from stone. 

6. GUI tuned to a theme that I like - feel free to change it if you have the assets. 

I am still working on it and it is incomplete at this stage, but it already works and did allow me spot some sneaky moves from the enemy and micro more efficiently.

Many thanks to nani. 

Kate-GUIv8.0.zip

Edited by Yekaterina
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

New version coming up! Changes:

• Banned canopies, so that trees cannot hide buildings or units. 
  • Changed all berry and apple tree to pink so that you cannot possibly miss them. 
  • Cleaned up unplayable biomes like India and Nubia. 
  • Huge changes to trees appearances. 
  • Made bushes identical to trees so that no more annoying bushes in India

New Temperate:

image.thumb.png.f0cac86f2928b267fbf273d89c2e75f8.png

New Nubia:

image.thumb.png.b50d694f648ee5e71e8bb8cf30f38aa9.png

New India:

It will lag less because each tree has 2 or 3 less components to render, making India  a playable biome

image.thumb.png.5b266da1481eac56dc4371ef7ed702cd.png

@nani This is still based on your autociv. 

I know this looks ghastly but it is worth it for the visibility improvement! 

Next step: remove details on the ground, e.g. grass, small bushes, stones and colour the entire floor to the same colour within each biome. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Um... at this point why even play the game? Might as well just move some colored blocks around. 

Yes, understandable reaction from good designers. Very sorry about that. What I love most about the game, in contrast to other strategy games, is that I use the mouse very little. A lot can be done using the keyboard when the configuration is mature. This is unique.

or people with with eyes problems. red green or so

Edited by seeh
  • Like 1

I was a fan of @ffm2 's visibility mod because it was tiny and to the point.

Yours and @Langbart's add many cool things but I feel it would be better to split unrelated features in separate mods.

Anyway, I took your cotton candy fruits and trees (used version 4, changed dead palms for skinny pines, added steppe biome)
and used boongui's chicks and player colors (don't like the giant roaches, I wanted bigger chickens, like baby eles, but using other .dae's gives  errors)

whynot.zip

• Like 4