What do you do if a homeless person asks you for..

Really depends. Most "homeless" people around here aren't homeless, they are just part of a network trying to get money that way. You usually see who they are, so if I see a real homeless person I'll probably give some money.

But in reality we don't have real homeless people around here. If they are homeless they are either illegal immigrants or people who simply want to live that way. Those illegal immigrants only have to register to get a roof above their head.

Some of the homeless here are just using the money to buy beer and cheap wine.

Some of them are legite tough, and others seem to be 'trying too hard' to look homeless, and a few I think may be faking it.

But, if someone looks sober and legite, then I would definatly give them some spare money.

Few of them you get used to seeing, one guy has a bunch of birds, someone else stays near the freeway and plays his clarinet, many are 'disabled vetrans' as noted on their signs, some are families.

But there are not many in our neightborhood as compared to others.

TBH, I'd probably try to avoid interacting with them as much as possible (as I tend to avoid any interactions in the first place). If I was asked to give them money, I'd probably just ast like I wasen't paying attention to them. Sorry for seeming cruel, but I really don't feel pity for the homeless.

When my father delivered eggs in Brussels (he was a chicken farmer) he always bought some bread and coffee for a homeless person who was begging at the door of one of his clients. It was a really nice guy, but he got handicapped and because he was self-employed he only got a very small pension. Almost all his money goes to his handicap (he can't walk), so there isn't much left for a roof.

He told us once that he was in the hospital. Since he was a veteran in Congo the king visited him there and give him 100 euros. He declined the money and told the king that he's a hypocrite by doing this, giving money when the media is around, pretending to care about the homeless while living in a huge palace.

I admire people who have the courage to do that, but unfortunatly it gets them in a big mess :/

He declined the money and told the king that he's a hypocrite by doing this, giving money when the media is around, pretending to care about the homeless while living in a huge palace.

I admire people who have the courage to do that, but unfortunatly it gets them in a big mess :/

That surely was noble of him. That's a guy I respect!

I can't say what I would do?

I'll just pass my way. I know that I could be in the same situation tomorrow, who knows.

But, if ever I fall in such situation, I'll just leave and walk along roads. If ever I find a small and empty valley (there are a lot in Canada, if you go deep enough :S), I would then settle there, simply. As a friend of mine would say, you have nothing to loose, except yourself, which in such situation would already be lost.

And, I wouldn't like to "reintergrate" society, since in the first place I would like to get rid of it.