[random] povorotnaya

norjay

First about the name, i choose the name all my maps from regions, mountains and vulcanos on the Kamchatka peninsula in east-siberia.

The objectives of this map are:

1. to publish a random map properly (this is my first map)
  2. the artificial opponent prosper (don't get stucked and does attack all the time)
  3. fast creation of the map
  4. all player have similar opportunities, there are no random mines. Also the position of the bases are calculated
  5. geography does have an huge impact on the tactics, basically there are ridges everywhere
  6. an abundance of resources
  7. forests are so dense, that they can affect the tactics, at the same time it should not be overwhelming.
  8. my overall intention is to make as many challenging locations on the map as possible, players should find places all over the map, that are hard to take, where they can dig in

Especially for the first topic i would like to have some feedback.

Some insides:

i use mathematical algorithms for the patterns with a random offset to make every map a little bit different. This should make the map creation fast.

the ridges are a spiral from the center, the ridges are distributed evenly on the spiral with a little random offset. This applies on on side of the base you will have blockades, while there openings on another place

towns and mines have a zone where ridges are flatted out and another zone where no other objects are places

there are mines in proximity to the base and additional mines in places between the players, these places depend on the size of the map

povorotnaya.png

povorotnaya01.png

povorotnaya.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...