Captive Women and Workers

MakeKemetGreatAgain

The gameplay would be so much better if Workers were set to surrender once they were out of the defensive range of their own buildings or Soldiers.  They should go Gaia and be subject to capture.  Same for the women.  I dont like how I have to invade an enemy territory and then massacre everyone all the time.  There are some games where it would be fun and appropriate against certain enemies or in some situations but I would prefer to just defeat enemy forces and then incorporate their civilization toward mine. 

We used to build civ centers and then all of the enemy buildings in it became ours after a capture time, right? Am I mistaken? Because lately I build a civ center after destroying an enemy's, and all of the houses burn down and vanish, when the Housing is why I wanted the territory in the first place. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

31 minutes ago, MakeKemetGreatAgain said:

The gameplay would be so much better if Workers were set to surrender once they were out of the defensive range of their own buildings or Soldiers.  They should go Gaia and be subject to capture.  Same for the women.  I dont like how I have to invade an enemy territory and then massacre everyone all the time.  There are some games where it would be fun and appropriate against certain enemies or in some situations but I would prefer to just defeat enemy forces and then incorporate their civilization toward mine. 

We used to build civ centers and then all of the enemy buildings in it became ours after a capture time, right? Am I mistaken? Because lately I build a civ center after destroying an enemy's, and all of the houses burn down and vanish, when the Housing is why I wanted the territory in the first place. 

Partly this bothers me, I prefer to acquire new servants to my empire than massacre them all mercilessly, I don't even consider this very realistic, perhaps the most important thing would be to think of ways to create coverage or influence in units, but without creating unnecessary micro management. But the balancing people never experience anything very different from the current gameplay, so hopeless in the vanilla game I guess.:D

The Idea of capuring seems very interesting

--> I see questions as which the workers, do they need to return to base or how can i do with them.

But: I like the idea a lot and it could be implemented in different areas, not only capturing workers, maybe as an additional mod?

5 hours ago, Lopess said:

In the mod Delenda Est we can capture servants, something close to your idea: https://0ad.mod.io/delenda-est

Capturing enemy slaves/"servants" is quite satisfying. lol

Also, in DE, if you capture an enemy CC you can train that culture's citizens (who can build their cultural Temples and Wonders, adding diversity to your empire).

• Like 2