Incorrect default walk speed?

artoo

Another in feature in my view, that's nowadays quite important and missing from the "package" sofar, control sharing for teams.

Just comparing some spring engine and features they have in eg zero-k.

While at it, I think it would be beneficial to tap in the pretty big GH infrastructure and dev pool.

Not a fan of GH since MS took over, but the PR workflow is rather uncomplicated in git. Maybe its worth considering how to get PR from your GH mirror back in the svn?

As dev , you may have no strings attached to a project, but you may have right now time for a patch and send a PR.

Edited by artoo

5 hours ago, artoo said:

Another in feature in my view, that's nowadays quite important and missing from the "package" sofar, control sharing for teams.

Yeah currently the only way to do coop is through cheating. @Freagarach uses it quite often.

5 hours ago, artoo said:

While at it, I think it would be beneficial to tap in the pretty big GH infrastructure and dev pool.

Not a fan of GH since MS took over, but the PR workflow is rather uncomplicated in git. Maybe its worth considering how to get PR from your GH mirror back in the svn?

As dev , you may have no strings attached to a project, but you may have right now time for a patch and send a PR.

Some member of the team feels like we should keep with sovereignty by self hosting everything rather than using something that may go down . I'm currently looking at self hosting a Gitlab instance, hence merging all the services together (Jenkins, Trac, Phabricator) See some discussion here https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4155

However due to my current AFK life and the fact that Trac just crashed today, it might take some time to migrate everything.

5 hours ago, Stan` said:

Some member of the team feels like we should keep with sovereignty by self hosting everything rather than using something that may go down . I'm currently looking at self hosting a Gitlab instance, hence merging all the services together (Jenkins, Trac, Phabricator) See some discussion here https://code.wildfiregames.com/D4155

I am all for self hosting. Full agreement on that.

We are using atm gitea instance & jenkins, but considerations to have gitlab are there.

But gitlab eats so much more hardware resources.

Its more like, if you stay with svn, maybe still try to use the vast GH or growing GL too for easy collaboration.

Would be naturally easier if you moved to git though, that trying to glue git to svn.

Btw, I like the engine has no steam depends or strange tar that may or may not work on linux.

Edited by artoo