Challenge to reach 200 pop in phase 3 in the shortest time

cl2488

Would you be interested in designing efficient build orders to take the following challenge?

(1) Use Spartans on a small mainland map (subalphine biome, unexplored, unrevealed) with low starting resources.

(2) No extra berry or hunt besides the starting berry and chicken.

(3) When you reach 200 pop, the number of women does not exceed 50. (You are allowed to make more women and delete them later).

(4) You need to reach phase 3.

With the above setting and requirements, please try your best to reach 200 pop in the fastest time. The 200 units need to be on the map (units in the queue don't count). You may make the pop exactly 200; once the 200th unit comes out, you may stop and record the time. Please post your time and your replays here. 

Edited by cl2488

40 minutes ago, Reyhan said:

Hi cl2488, I would like to try the challenge. Can we relax rule 3? I think deleting women and replacing them with something else in late game is faster than making few women early. 

Okay. I modify rule 3 to allow you to make more women but delete them later.

• Thanks 1

Spartan boom.zip

First time reached 200 pop was at minute  12:00 or slightly later. 

Then I deleted women, got upgrades, made ram and hero then refilled with Skiritai swordsman and more spearman. 

Went to attack at minute 14 to 15 with 148 infantry + ram +  hero (couldn't find my cavalry on the map lol)

This is how I would play in a TG, I researched military techs at the cost of slowing down. If I am playing a 1v1 I would make a bit more skirmishers. 

Boom could have been faster with all ranged units but that would be bad for fighting. 

Edited by Reyhan

I think phasing up and researching techs will slow down population generation. Reaching 200 pop early is not the only factor that determines who wins a game; Your army composition, techs, economy, infrastructure and strategy will determine the victor. The fastest way to reach 200 population is  to stay in village phase and spam barracks and skirmishers without any spearman. Ptolemies will boom faster than Spartans under the same player and identical conditions, because they have many economic advantages over other civilisations. 

If you have any suggestions please tell me. There is much space for improvement for me. 

Edited by Reyhan

3 minutes ago, Reyhan said:

Spartan boom.zip 30 kB · 0 downloads

This is how I would play in a TG, I researched military techs at the cost of slowing down. If I am playing a 1v1 I would make a bit more skirmishers. 

Boom could have been faster with all ranged units but that would be bad for fighting. 

Of course, in a real game, the scouting and fighting can slow down the boom. But in this challenge, we will simplify it and only focus on the boom. It will help us to see the details of how to improve the boom.

Please also report the time when you post the replay, so that people know your time and I can post your time in the leaderboard.