Nick Change

Glestul

• 2 weeks later...

The lobby users have accepted the lobby terms and conditions. While there is a clause about multiple accounts being permissible, such requests are exemptions for specific reasons, for example if someone wants to test a lobby patch, if someone is a moderator, or if someone can host two games simultaneously with the (almost) same nickname. Otherwise, requests for nickname changes and secondary accounts are not granted, so that players are able to identify each other after they have seen each others in games, thus able to avoid each other if they can't stand each other etc. (one of the reasons).

4 hours ago, elexis said:

The lobby users have accepted the lobby terms and conditions. While there is a clause about multiple accounts being permissible, such requests are exemptions for specific reasons, for example if someone wants to test a lobby patch, if someone is a moderator, or if someone can host two games simultaneously with the (almost) same nickname. Otherwise, requests for nickname changes and secondary accounts are not granted, so that players are able to identify each other after they have seen each others in games, thus able to avoid each other if they can't stand each other etc. (one of the reasons).

i want name change to 'elexis'

• 2 weeks later...

No, you agreed with Terms before creating account and there is said that one person is not allowed to have multiple accounts. Correct me, did you just said you have/had 4 accounts?

You say you want to change nickname but on the other hand you complain about fact you had to re-entroduce yourself again. Please do not be offended I just do not understand.

And if you see someone with more nicknames as he/she should have and you are sure that it is one person, report him.

Edited by Angen
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Angen said:

No, you agreed with Terms before creating account and there is said that one person is not allowed to have multiple accounts. You say you want to change nickname but on the other hand you complain about fact you had to re-entroduce yourself again. Please do not be offended I just do not understand.

And if you see someone with more nicknames as he/she should have and you are sure that it is one person, report him.

I'm the one with two accounts he mentions nani and nani0 (for dev purposes) and recently  using nani0 bc user1 sometimes automutes me for non-offensive words so ...

1 minute ago, nani said:

I'm the one with two accounts he mentions nani and nani0 (for dev purposes) and recently  using nani0 bc user1 sometimes automutes me for non-offensive words so ...

As you said dev purposes. 

1. Only create one account per person on the service unless authorized by Wildfire Games.

Correct me if I am wrong, does he use them for dev purposes? ( Or have been created because of that he needed to test something with multiple players?)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, (-_-) said:

One would assume they are allowed to use features built into the game. But evidently not. 

/nick is not a chat command that is available without hackery as far as I know.

I guess it should be implemented, because the code implements XMPP and can be used as a chat client for your favorite other XMPP chat server.

But just because the protocol implements a feature doesn't mean that the service provider needs to enable the feature. We should patch ejabberd to allow disabling nickchanges. Or not displaying nicknames but JIDs (the room is configured to show real JIDs, and could be configured for anonymous / nickname JIDs on some other multiplayer lobby).

6 minutes ago, (-_-) said:

You don't really get to decide anything regarding your account.

If you delete an account, someone else can create that account and can pretend to be you. So we would like to avoid that.

You get to decide to use Wildfire Games lobby under our terms and conditions, and users have GDPR rights in accordance with the privacy policy.

5 minutes ago, Angen said:

1. Only create one account per person on the service unless authorized by Wildfire Games. 

If people develop a patch for the new developmental version of 0AD, they won't be part in the main lobby where everyone else plays, so they can't disrupt the service, hence that is granted in most cases. But using that account to evade muting is not covered by that.

9 hours ago, Angen said:

No, you agreed with Terms before creating account and there is said that one person is not allowed to have multiple accounts. Correct me, did you just said you have/had 4 accounts?

You say you want to change nickname but on the other hand you complain about fact you had to re-entroduce yourself again. Please do not be offended I just do not understand.

Yes  started in 2015 and then played on and off  with multiple accounts on interval of six months, i have used one account first two years but later others and recently like three weeks ago my two accounts  got deleted so i am using an account that is over five years old.

No i dont read terms, i dont have patience for that.

Edited by Glestul
  • Haha 1

Why is there a option create "a new" account if a person can only have one ,shouldnt it be create "an account"

when will my nickname be deleted already ? All my other accounts have been deleted and i was not asked which account i wish to keep, NO i as left with old account instead o new.

also i have been muted and it now lasts 3 days already

@Glestul have you ever played another multiplayer game? There is still option to create an account even users are allowed to have just one. Why do you think that this button should be disabled? There is clearly said one person cannot have more than one account and if someone creates first account, he/she agrees with Terms of Use and another terms.

Disabling register button - not so good option:

To disable option to register new user if there is one already would has to be based on data stored on user`s computer. Consider one computer in house and more people want to play at different time multiplayer in lobby. They would be forced to play under one account ( that is not good from any perspective ). Sure now they has to wait about hour to be able to create next account ( based on IP address ) but it is available for them.

Active register button - is it really so confusing ? :

When user already has one account registered and he/she uses it to enter lobby, next time he/she clicks multiplayer lobby option, there will be "Connect to Lobby" window not "Register or Login" window.

Deleted accounts:

You have been not asked which account to keep because it was not on you to choose. You are allowed to have one and moderators left one account for you (old one - well that one was legal).

You can still enter the lobby and play multiplayer with that account so please stop complaining.

Ban:

As far as I know every ban makes the next one longer. If you do not know why you have been muted, ping moderators here on forum and ask them.

Ignorantia juris non excusat

Have a nice day :)

Edited by Angen

9 hours ago, Angen said:

@Glestul have you ever played another multiplayer game? There is still option to create an account even users are allowed to have just one. Why do you think that this button should be disabled? There is clearly said one person cannot have more than one account and if someone creates first account, he/she agrees with Terms of Use and another terms.

Disabling register button - not so good option:

To disable option to register new user if there is one already would has to be based on data stored on user`s computer. Consider one computer in house and more people want to play at different time multiplayer in lobby. They would be forced to play under one account ( that is not good from any perspective ). Sure now they has to wait about hour to be able to create next account ( based on IP address ) but it is available for them.

Active register button - is it really so confusing ? :

When user already has one account registered and he/she uses it to enter lobby, next time he/she clicks multiplayer lobby option, there will be "Connect to Lobby" window not "Register or Login" window.

Deleted accounts:

You have been not asked which account to keep because it was not on you to choose. You are allowed to have one and moderators left one account for you (old one - well that one was legal).

You can still enter the lobby and play multiplayer with that account so please stop complaining.

Ban:

As far as I know every ban makes the next one longer. If you do not know why you have been muted, ping moderators here on forum and ask them.

Ignorantia juris non excusat

Have a nice day :)

thats not my complaint i complain because i have been discriminated against, i didnt play like 1 year or so then i created a an account, played few weeks and got account deleted, i loged in with older account , that got deleted also , then loged in with even older account... noone asked me do you want to use 5 years old account, no, my new account was just deleted.

why was not my 5 years old account deleted, and the newest remained