Temple Healing is Fast

davidsrsb

Why is it that when I move injured troops onto a temple in a25, that they are fully healed instantly?

I have developed a very efficient strategy with the Spartans, get 40 commandos as strong as I can and just fight near my temple. Move 20 inside,  the other 20 fighting then swap.

They can wipe out much stronger attackers

2 hours ago, Player of 0AD said:

I think temples are fine. The real problem are the healers which heal much too fast and have far too much durability.

Do they heal each other if you have several together? I could see how a large number of healers could become almost invulnerable

1 hour ago, LetswaveaBook said:

That can be upgraded to 4 with the technology living conditions. Pericles will add a global +2 to the heal rate.

Now I probably need to use that competitively with Athens hoplite champions, +6 HP per second.

"Hm, which hero do I train? The one who is one of the best in the game? Ah no, that Pericles guy must be even better!" Lol

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, LetswaveaBook said:

Now I probably need to use that competitively with Athens hoplite champions, +6 HP per second.

I don't use healers in most games, but it seems that healing melee is the best. +x hp per second is more valuable for high armor units because each of their health points is harder to deplete. Healers are snipable because they are so weak, but then they also flee when attacked so it would be dangerous for someone to fail the healer snipe if there were athenian hoplites in front of it. Also, it does not make sense to heal ranged units because the fight is lost by whoever loses their melee units first.

Winning with athens kind of a flex (at least in TG).

• 2 weeks later...