Showing terrain passability in a25 Atlas

SciGuy42

I recently upgraded to a25 and was messing with Atlas as I am converting my campaign to a25 along with the help of a few other folks. Back in a23, as I would modify the height of the map, the terrain passability overlay shown in red would be recomputed and updated after each change, which was very useful for sculpting small narrrow passages, etc. Now in a25, the overlay no longer updates, I would have to reload the map to see how my changes have affected passability.

My question is, is this the same for everyone else or is it just me? I really need to figure out how to get the passability overlay to update without reloading the map, otherwise I would just lose patience :)

• Like 1

Here is the situation. In one image, we see the passability map as I loaded the scenario. Then I use the modify button to raise a bunch of land where it clearly becomes not passable but the overlay doesn't update. If I save it and reload then the overlay will be correct. But it is a pain to do that, sculpting narrow passages requires the overlay to update as changes are made.

757127322_Screenshotfrom2021-11-0513-33-32.png

1351133796_Screenshotfrom2021-11-0513-33-57.png

• Like 1

• Silier locked and unlocked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...
On 10/11/2021 at 4:57 PM, nwtour said:

D4338 - Fix passibilty overlay in atlas

Created a patch to fix the problem. Unfortunately, the only way to fix on your computer is build the game from the source code and apply a patch.

Good to know it's fixed! But is there really no way I can install the very latest build without building it myself? If you do have instructions on how to build from source, do share, thanks!