Cap level unit level 2

Dakara

Just now, Dakara said:

What do you think of reducing the max level of units to 2? Or reduce the ramp-up with levels so that level 3 is equivalent to current level 2. level 3 unit is very strong, too much snowball

I heard that ranking up is much stronger for melee units than ranged units. In previous alphas this was not a problem because melee units were less important. 

I think being rank 3 would not be as much of a problem for snowballing if there were other ways to reach rank 2/3, such as making garrison-training faster, or allowing training of rank 2/3 units for a higher price.  (if you go to the "all civs are my favorite" discussion, there is a lot of debate about this).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Sometimes it is easy to increase the rank of your units by killing small groups that are collecting units. Et hop mercenary level 3 272 hp or skirmish cav 172hp (instead 110 rank 1)

already that the defense by the buildings was very nerve and that in addition much more metal. snowball is real.

@Dakara yes I think it is most noticeable with the merc cav from carth. An easy strategy with them is to attack the CS eco of a noob on enemy team for the purpose of ranking up the units before passing on to a better player who you can beat much more easily now that you are rank 3 while he is rank 1.

Another frustrating situation is when an ally loses to an enemy army with a KD of .05 and now you must fight a full rank 3 army.

1 hour ago, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

Another frustrating situation is when an ally loses to an enemy army with a KD of .05 and now you must fight a full rank 3 army.

hmm... So then it is really annoying to play with an ally.

1 hour ago, Dakara said:

What do you think of reducing the max level of units to 2? Or reduce the ramp-up with levels so that level 3 is equivalent to current level 2. level 3 unit is very strong, too much snowball

I think it is to easy to promote from rank 2 to rank 3. Promotion to rank 3 does need as much experience as promotion to rank 2. This makes a difference as rank 2 units have an easier time surviving and collecting the experience.

3 hours ago, LetswaveaBook said:

hmm... So then it is really annoying to play with an ally.

No, that is a large overgeneralization from what I wrote. If an ally is cooperating and communicating, then I have a lot of fun working together to beat the other team.

Edited by BreakfastBurrito_007
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Dakara said:

I fully agree that we should reduce the efforts of ranking up. Level III is far too strong (and causes imbalances)

Setting aside the mercenary cavalry for a moment, Is the problem big enough to complain about for other units?  It takes longer for melee to level up since experience is based on damage dealt, and melee infantry are the first to die because they are the "meat shield."

Edited by Philip the Swaggerless
Typo
  • Like 1

On 01/11/2021 at 2:43 PM, BreakfastBurrito_007 said:

@Dakara yes I think it is most noticeable with the merc cav from carth. An easy strategy with them is to attack the CS eco of a noob on enemy team for the purpose of ranking up the units before passing on to a better player who you can beat much more easily now that you are rank 3 while he is rank 1.

Actually, one way to nerf mercs (assuming we wanted to do that) could be to disable them from gaining experience at all.  We could say they are hardened warriors that have reached their plateau so they start at advanced and remain that way.  Just an idea

• Like 1