New game mode: Capture the theatrons?

faction02

I played a game against 7 AI Macedonians, after capturing 5-6 theatrons, the game was suddenly kind of over.

My territory influence became so strong that I automatically captured the remaining half of the map without doing anything. Every buildings with no units (including more theatrons, cc and forts) were captured just through the gain in territory influence.

Where it becomes really weird is that:

- the bonus apply to all buildings, so even a tower has enough territory influence to capture many buildings around it (to give an idea, the aura range of a tower is only about 3/4 of the territory influence it provided with 7 theatrons). 

- it cancelled enemy territory: even for the enemy cc that weren't lost, they weren't able to provide any territory root since all map was part of my own territory. The AI were confused because there were no spot available to build anything on the map.

+20% in itself is pretty small, but when the theatrons bonuses are cumulated ( *1.2 or +20% for each additionnal theatron?) they seem to snowball into something huge.

1 theatrons useless, many theatrons OP?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...