Han China

artoo

5 hours ago, Lion.Kanzen said:

we have the battering rams and siege towers.

for the Mayans I am thinking of removable siege towers.

Based on a found mural.

From there the other way is with fire, like the fireriser.

O I have thought in units arsonists.

Offtop(There is also evidence of javelineers with incendiary arrows also from the year 900 -1100 I believe that the tactic was common but it was not something of note or something reserved for the lower social classes).

Tomorrow I will return to Xiongnu mobile fortress. we have a lot of props to take advantage of.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lopess said:

Offtop(There is also evidence of javelineers with incendiary arrows also from the year 900 -1100 I believe that the tactic was common but it was not something of note or something reserved for the lower social classes).

Tomorrow I will return to Xiongnu mobile fortress. we have a lot of props to take advantage of.

check siege weapon for Han. There is a very interesting torsion weapon. On that topic.

3 hours ago, Lopess said:

that will give it a lot of power. We must take advantage of fire damage.

8 hours ago, Lopess said:

Yup, hasn't to be the archer to deliver the fire. :)

The Han Palace guard archers have the ability to switch back and forth between fire(or poison) and default arrows. The blade of the Palace guard swordsman can be switched to poison blade. Special forces.

My current proposal to balance archers and crossbows and ranged siege would be to introduce sub classes.

Light, medium, heavy for siege.

Probably light and heavy archers and crossbows for infantry(and/or cavalry), ie different ranges and damage. A heavy archer could defeat a light crossbowman, but the heavy crossbowman has no infantry match in terms of range and damage.

I find it pretty difficult as is now to add crossbows in a balanced way without sacrificing too much of accurate implementation, ending up with a re-skinned archer as crossbowman, that has no differences to archer.

Picking up on the idea of having like an additional resource horse(I know only 4 resources in game UI supported), it could coexist with upkeep.

Say you have to have enough horses to make cavalry units, eg horses could be traded, would give the corral an important function.

Would like to limit the access of the Han to mass cavalry to accurately implement the cav and horse breeding program to defeat the Xiongnu.

The horse breeding could be controlled by giving a horse trickle to corral, that varies for each civ. Horse based civ could have higher horse garrison for corral and higher trickle than eg Han.

Edited by artoo
  • Like 1

Would there be ideas how to gather horses for cav units?

Each cav unit costs 1 horse.

Garrison a horse in the corral with a trickle?

Add simply horses as starting animals?

each civ has a different starting horse trickle in the corral?

Horse loot for enemy corral and stables? could be expanded to any other war animal used, elephants, camels...

Any ideas? Horses can be traded, technically 2 subclasses, war and work horse.

This would make such a cool campaign or scenario against the Xiongnu. This is not in the master branch, just testing ideas.

screenshot0011.png

Edited by artoo
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, artoo said:

Would there be ideas how to gather horses for cav units?

Each cav unit costs 1 horse.

Garrison a horse in the corral with a trickle?

Add simply horses as starting animals?

each civ has a different starting horse trickle in the corral?

Horse loot for enemy corral and stables? could be expanded to any other war animal used, elephants, camels...

Any ideas? Horses can be traded, technically 2 subclasses, war and work horse.

This would make such a cool campaign or scenario against the Xiongnu. This is not in the master branch, just testing ideas.

screenshot0011.png

Better as a separate discussion. :) Best to focus on simply making the Han commit-worthy. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, wowgetoffyourcellphone said:

Better as a separate discussion. :) Best to focus on simply making the Han commit-worthy. 

Its collecting ideas for like Western Han expansion mod. Atm, I think we should settle with eastern Han, ie probably have to reduce cav unit roster a bit, and also there are no props for heavy armored cav the Western Han used.

The Han as in master branch are pretty complete, I won't add game play features there.

I am thinking for eastern Han:

* archer cav(skirmishers)

* dao cav (sword)

* Ji  cav (halberd)

Edited by artoo
  • Like 1